Sir Van
2020-02-08 04:14:48 UTC
In case anyone here is interested (Bruce might be), Van Morrison has
been knighted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35494713

Aside to Roger: your Royals have done something nice.
2020-02-08 04:22:55 UTC
If he was cool he would have turned down that bullshit.
Dean F.
2020-02-08 11:21:49 UTC
If he was cool he would have turned down that bullshit.
Good point! It amazes me that liberals claims gender is a social construct, but never say a damned thing about royalty.
Dennis C
2020-02-08 14:42:43 UTC
Oh here he comes!!

Here comes the Knight!!!

Morrison earned it on Astral Weeks alone if you ask me!!

My favorite Royals of all time have been Queen Victoria and George Brett and now put Van the Man up there, baby!!
Bill B
2020-02-08 15:05:07 UTC
My favorite Royals of all time have been Queen Victoria and George Brett and now put Van the Man up there, baby!!
What about Hank Ballard?
Roger Ford
2020-02-08 20:10:25 UTC
On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 22:14:48 -0600, Mark Dintenfass
Post by Mark Dintenfass
In case anyone here is interested (Bruce might be), Van Morrison has
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-35494713
Aside to Roger: your Royals have done something nice.
Sorry to say I'm not a very loyal subject as I really don't subscribe
to dynastic monarchy on the grounds that is clearly undemocratic i.e
Her Maj is completely unelected and cannot be fired

I often think how a democratically ELECTED President would be so much
better but then who would that President be? The obvious choices
would be people who already had great experience of life at the very
top of UK politics....so President Tony Blair...or President John
Major....or.....or.....

Hmmmmmm......

Then I look across the Atlantic and see how our American cousins do
these things soooooo much better in a PRESIDENTIAL election and that
seals it,......

"GOD SAVE OUR NOBLE QUEEN...GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN.........."

2020-02-09 04:21:46 UTC
Post by Mark Dintenfass
[...]
I wasn't touting the royals, of course. I was touting Van Morrison.
But having royalty may be better in some ways than having presidents as
"head of state." Keeps egos in check.

And since we're on the topic, I've become a big fan of Netflix's series
"The Queen." This year's has been particularly good, and when it comes
to great acting, you guys are light years ahead of us.
Not according to Anthony Hopkins, who told Bryan Cranston that his work on "Breaking Bad" was the best acting he's EVER seen.
Roger Ford
2020-02-09 15:10:28 UTC
Post by Mark Dintenfass
[...]
That's SIR Anthony Hopkins to you!

2020-02-09 15:18:02 UTC
Post by Mark Dintenfass
[...]
An exception hat proves the rule. That's like citing Elvis to say that
white rock performers were generally better than black rock reformers
in the 50s. And now we're back on topic.
2020-02-09 15:57:56 UTC
Post by Mark Dintenfass
[...]
Who are these great English actors who are light years ahead of American actors?

Liam "The Monster Cock" Neeson?
Dennis C
2020-02-09 17:22:20 UTC
Hey!!

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is America's thespic answer to Olivier, baby!!!