Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - July - Round 1 - Group 2
2019-07-10 13:06:50 UTC

Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington

Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires

When - Flamingos

Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss

Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James

Roger Ford
2019-07-10 13:13:06 UTC
Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
When - Flamingos

2019-07-10 13:15:34 UTC

1. Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
2. Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
3. Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
4. Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
5. When - Flamingos
Steve Mc
2019-07-10 15:26:34 UTC
1. Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James

2. Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss

3. Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington

2019-07-10 13:57:35 UTC
1 When - Flamingos
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/iTxtDl-yJCo
2 Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/aRyr0tIinFI
3 Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/WWjKP0yu16s
4 Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/FIPXdL2tpQk
5 Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
http://youtu.be/0XgspB-dyNI
Dennis C
2019-07-10 14:13:08 UTC
1- Bob Doss

2- Flamingos

3- Bel Aires

4- Elmore James

5- Baby Washington
Rick Schubert
2019-07-10 15:25:48 UTC
1. Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
2. Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
3. When - Flamingos
4. Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
5. Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
Jim Colegrove
2019-07-10 16:45:43 UTC
1. Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss

2. Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James

5. When - Flamingos
OleManRiver
2019-07-10 16:58:09 UTC
1. Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
2. Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
3. Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
4. Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
5. When - Flamingos
Carl
2019-07-10 17:57:13 UTC
All excellent
flamingos
Elmore
Baby Washington
Bel-Aires
Bob Doss
DianeE
2019-07-10 18:04:04 UTC
1-Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
2-Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
3-Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
4-When - Flamingos
5-Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
SavoyBG
2019-07-10 18:27:39 UTC

1-Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss - 35
2-Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James - 32
3-Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires - 31

4-Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington - 28
5-When - Flamingos - 24

Doss, EJ and Bel-Aires advance for sure. Flamingos are out. Baby looks good to advance with 28 points as a 4th place item, but we'll see.

Group 3 tomorrow.
Ken Whiton
2019-07-11 08:38:08 UTC
*-* On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, a 11:27:39 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article <422d1750-b258-4747-a3b9-***@googlegroups.com>,
*-* SavoyBG wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - July - Round 1 -
Group 2
1-Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss - 35
2-Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James - 32
3-Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires - 31
4-Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington - 28
5-When - Flamingos - 24
Doss, EJ and Bel-Aires advance for sure. Flamingos are out. Baby
looks good to advance with 28 points as a 4th place item, but we'll
see.
Group 3 tomorrow.
You might want to go back and check Group 1. The final totals
you posted there add up to 145 while the final totals here add up to
150.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Dennis C
2019-07-11 12:34:02 UTC
Aha!!

Looks like we've got a little case of points shaving here!! More likely than not to the advantage of the Solitaires, baby!!
SavoyBG
2019-07-11 12:49:35 UTC
Thanks for checking those, I almost made a huge mistake there. They have been corrected now. The Swans are advancing instead of the Solitaires.
Dennis C
2019-07-11 13:18:29 UTC
Justice triumphs!!!

Bruce wears a black hat!!

Kenny wears a Whiton, baby!!!
SavoyBG
2019-07-11 14:10:18 UTC
Justice triumphs!!!
Bruce wears a black hat!!
Kenny wears a Whiton, baby!!!
I don't get why Ken doesn't vote.
Dennis C
2019-07-11 19:20:54 UTC
I don't get why Ken's not the official vote compiler, baby!!

DianeE
Whoa! Jump back!
SavoyBG
I'm really glad that you like the Bob Doss, but I'm shocked that Baby was last, even below the Flamingos.
DianeE
2019-07-11 00:31:34 UTC
1-Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
2-Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
3-Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
4-When - Flamingos
5-Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
I'm really glad that you like the Bob Doss, but I'm shocked that Baby was last, even below the Flamingos.
------
The Flamingos were stuck with a shitty song, but their harmony was quite
impressive.
That time we saw Baby Washington live, do you remember her doing this
song? I don't remember.
SavoyBG
2019-07-11 01:28:17 UTC
1-Don't Be Gone Long - Bob Doss
2-Take Me Where You Go - Elmore James
3-Let's Party Awhile - Bel-Aires
4-When - Flamingos
5-Congratulations Honey - Baby Washington
I'm really glad that you like the Bob Doss, but I'm shocked that Baby was last, even below the Flamingos.
------
The Flamingos were stuck with a shitty song, but their harmony was quite
impressive.
That time we saw Baby Washington live, do you remember her doing this
song? I don't remember.
No, she didn't do this.