OT 2021 Presidential Inauguration
2021-01-20 19:23:44 UTC
IMO, Biden's speech was wonderfully positive in content,

but the delivery was flawed, slightly garbled, affecting its impact,

the timing of word and phrase delivery was definitely poor!

Amazing Grace by Garth Brooks came across as cornball and useless.

The over-elaborate intense follow-up speech by a young black woman, lost me.

I think Trump might be quietly smiling to himself.

Remember, Trump simply exploited the growing gap between rich and poor in the US.

Countless foreign travellers to the US in recent decades have been shocked at
the socio-economic depravations they have personally witnessed.

===========================

I honestly stand to be corrected.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-20 22:05:14 UTC
Garth Brooks and Taylor Swift are reasons enough to renounce, repudiate and copiously urinate on popular music these past 30 years, baby!!
Dean F.
2021-01-21 02:03:35 UTC
For once, Dennis, you and I agree on something,
Ken Whiton
2021-01-21 04:10:03 UTC
*-* On Thu, 21 Jan 2021, at 05:23:44 +1000,
*-* In Article <***@4ax.com>,
*-* RWC wrote
*-* About OT 2021 Presidential Inauguration
Post by RWC
IMO, Biden's speech was wonderfully positive in content,
but the delivery was flawed, slightly garbled,
That's nothing new. He's had a reputation for that type of
delivery for years.
Post by RWC
affecting its impact,
the timing of word and phrase delivery was definitely poor!
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Dean F.
2021-01-21 04:49:25 UTC
As a young man, Biden went through hell to overcome a stutter. So if he garbles a word here and there, I cut the man some slack.
DianeE
2021-01-21 10:55:40 UTC
IMO, Biden's speech was wonderfully positive in content,
but the delivery was flawed, slightly garbled, affecting its impact,
the timing of word and phrase delivery was definitely poor!
As a young man, Biden went through hell to overcome a stutter. So if he garbles a word here and there, I cut the man some slack.
---------
I thought he did so well that I was wondering if he'd had a new course
of speech therapy. If you compare it to some of his past speeches and
public remarks, when he was known as a "gaffe machine," you will see it
in a different light.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-21 13:00:21 UTC
IMO, Biden's speech was wonderfully positive in content,
but the delivery was flawed, slightly garbled, affecting its impact,
the timing of word and phrase delivery was definitely poor!
As a young man, Biden went through hell to overcome a stutter. So if he garbles a word here and there, I cut the man some slack.
---------
I thought he did so well that I was wondering if he'd had a new course
of speech therapy. If you compare it to some of his past speeches and
public remarks, when he was known as a "gaffe machine," you will see it
in a different light.
Haha!! The king's speach!!

Maybe he can sing his proclamations ala Mel Tillis, baby!!