Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January 2021 - Round 1 - Group 5
2021-01-08 11:31:15 UTC
Fri. Jan. 8 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-08 14:45:02 UTC

So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson

I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo

Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley

While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-08 14:45:46 UTC

1. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley
2. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo
3. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson
4. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals
Steve Mc
2021-01-08 15:19:39 UTC
1. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals

2. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson

3. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo

4. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley

2021-01-08 14:52:17 UTC
So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson
http://youtu.be/n9b64ZE0szA
I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo
http://youtu.be/qaLGFBlne4s
Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley
http://youtu.be/qXy5LmPWudY
While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals
http://youtu.be/puTrqhXccYU
The Federals
Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson
Mr Bo
Johnny 'T' Talley
DianeE
2021-01-08 15:10:21 UTC
1-So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson
I never heard this side of the record before, and I really like it, much
better than "I Feel So Worried."

2-I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo
Per the Blues Discography this guy was no relation to Edwin Bocage--his
name was Louis Collins.

3-While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals

There's some rockabilly I like, but this is not amongst it:
4-Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley
Rick Schubert
2021-01-08 15:30:52 UTC
4. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley
Jim Colegrove
2021-01-08 15:33:37 UTC
1. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley

2. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals

3. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson

4. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-08 16:05:02 UTC
1- Sammy Lewis/ Willie Johnson

2- The Federals

3- Johnny T. Talley

4- Little Bo
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-08 16:30:26 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Dennis

1. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson - 24
2. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals - 22

3. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley - 17
4. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo - 17

Carl's Sammy Lewis wins the group and Steve's Feds also advance. Jim's "T" and my Mr. Bo are out. The "T" won the tie breaker (with two first place votes) to take third.
md
2021-01-08 17:11:05 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Dennis
1. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson - 24
2. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals - 22
3. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley - 17
4. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo - 17
Carl's Sammy Lewis wins the group and Steve's Feds also advance. Jim's "T
and my Mr. Bo are out. The "T" won the tie breaker (with two first plac
votes) to take third.
If I may butt in, I was surprised and pleased that the Federals made the cut
Really good record.

Why are you not voting?
md
2021-01-08 19:59:42 UTC
Post by md
Post by ***@aol.com
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Dennis
1. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson - 24
2. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals - 22
3. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley - 17
4. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo - 17
Carl's Sammy Lewis wins the group and Steve's Feds also advance. Jim's "T"
and my Mr. Bo are out. The "T" won the tie breaker (with two first place
votes) to take third.
If I may butt in, I was surprised and pleased that the Federals made th
cut.
Really good record.
Why are you not voting?
Because on an everyday basis it was getting to seem more like a chore than
pleasure. I'm also not sure it's fair to vote when you haven't done the wor
of finding your own entries. So I'm taking a sabbatical. I'll be back soone
or later, but reserve the right to kibbutz from the sideline.

Off-topic:

RIP Tommy LaSorda.

2021-01-08 20:15:35 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Dennis
1. So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson - 24
2. While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals - 22
3. Wild Mind - Johnny 'T' Talley - 17
4. I'm Leavin' This Town - Mr. Bo - 17
Carl's Sammy Lewis wins the group and Steve's Feds also advance. Jim's "T"
and my Mr. Bo are out. The "T" won the tie breaker (with two first place
votes) to take third.
If I may butt in, I was surprised and pleased that the Federals made the cut.
Really good record.
Why are you not voting?
Because on an everyday basis it was getting to seem more like a chore than a
pleasure. I'm also not sure it's fair to vote when you haven't done the work
of finding your own entries. So I'm taking a sabbatical. I'll be back sooner
or later, but reserve the right to kibbutz from the sideline.
RIP Tommy LaSorda.
Who??

Sounds like a hired hit man straight out of "The Sopranos"

(I do know who he is now but thanks only to the wonders of Google)