How to get You Tube to start in the middle of the clip
2021-01-26 00:33:27 UTC
I thought all you had to do was add =ss, ss being the seconds, at the
end of the URL to start the clip at that point in the song, but it's not
working.

E.g., it I add =32 to the below clip

The result is this below - =32 becomes %3D32, and it still starts in
the beginning.

http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Just pause i where you want it to start at and then right click and you have the option to get the URL that will start then.
Rick Schubert
2021-01-26 01:28:15 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
I thought all you had to do was add =ss, ss being the seconds, at the
end of the URL to start the clip at that point in the song, but it's not
working.
E.g., it I add =32 to the below clip
http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ
The result is this below - =32 becomes %3D32, and it still starts in
the beginning.
http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ
Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
Just pause i where you want it to start at and then right click and you have the option to get the URL that will start then.
That's the easiest way.

But to do what Steve was trying to do, you need to add t=32. If there is already a ? in the URL,
as in Steve's case, add an & before t=32:

http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ

If the URL was of this form: http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ

add a ? before t=32:

http://youtu.be/YAjSEqzfzcQ

But, Steve, why are you wanting to skip the first 32 seconds of my nominee? :)
Steve Mc
2021-01-26 04:00:23 UTC
Post by Rick Schubert
Post by ***@aol.com
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
LOL.

No, I was just using that as an example. Actually, I really like it,
and think it should go pretty far.