Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp Edition (1960-1963) - FINAL FOUR
2019-06-22 13:10:38 UTC
The finals are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

Been A Long Time - Five Quails

I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

SavoyBG
2019-06-22 13:11:40 UTC
Diane's rankings:

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
4. Been A Long Time - Five Quails
SavoyBG
2019-06-22 13:13:03 UTC

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. Been A Long Time - Five Quails
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
Bob Roman
2019-06-22 13:29:43 UTC
1. Shep & Limelites
2. Five Quails
3. JB Lenoir
4. Nathaniel Mayer

I've said I hate ranking. This round is an example. Twenty minutes from now, my list might be reversed.

2019-06-22 13:33:42 UTC
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 06:29:43 -0700 (PDT), Bob Roman
Post by Bob Roman
1. Shep & Limelites
2. Five Quails
3. JB Lenoir
4. Nathaniel Mayer
I've said I hate ranking. This round is an example. Twenty minutes from now, my list might be reversed.
My ballot:

1. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

3. Been A Long Time - Five Quails

4. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

Like Bob, I could change this ballot depending on what time of the day
it is or what mood I may be in.
Steve Mc
2019-06-22 14:03:31 UTC
1. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

2. Been A Long Time - Five Quails

3. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

4. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

2019-06-22 13:31:19 UTC
1- Nathaniel Meyer

2- Shep

3- 5 Quails

4- J.B. Lenoir

* Splendid contest!! Learned a lot and appreciated most of these forgotten records. Good job, Gross!!
Roger Ford

2019-06-22 13:39:20 UTC
The finals are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1 Been A Long Time - Five Quails
http://youtu.be/ijqalz6zY5Y
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/JlehkBXZgEU
3 Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/1DptodD8Fwc
4 I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
http://youtu.be/vconhb0yQzg
Mark Dintenfass
2019-06-22 15:10:51 UTC
As listed
Shep
Nathaniel
Five Quails
JB Lenoir
OleManRiver
2019-06-22 16:01:28 UTC
1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir
Rick Schubert
2019-06-22 17:48:01 UTC
The finals are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1. Been A Long Time - Five Quails
2. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
3. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir

Went back and forth between #1 and #2 and even considered moving #3 up to #1 or #2. I do like #4
quite a bit but not close to the others.
SavoyBG
2019-06-22 23:06:20 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS:

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 35
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 32

3. Been A Long Time - Five Quails - 30
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir - 23

Diane's record wins the June tournament and she joins the winner's circle along with Bruce, Roger, Jim and Steve.

Who will be the first one to have a second winner?
Mark Dintenfass
2019-06-22 23:51:11 UTC
1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 35
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 32
3. Been A Long Time - Five Quails - 30
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir - 23
Diane's record wins the June tournament and she joins the winner's circle
along with Bruce, Roger, Jim and Steve.
Who will be the first one to have a second winner?
Very happy with the result. Shep's record has long been a favorite, and
it's better, imo, than "Daddy's Home." Can't understand why it
remained "obscure."
2019-06-22 23:58:18 UTC
That song kept inching up on me with every round!!

Came real close to leapfrogging the Mayer record in the finals!!

Ain't got a problem with it winning!
DianeE
2019-06-23 14:28:07 UTC
1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 35
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 32
3. Been A Long Time - Five Quails - 30
4. I Feel So Good - J B Lenoir - 23
Diane's record wins the June tournament and she joins the winner's circle along with Bruce, Roger, Jim and Steve.
------------
Queen for a day!
Post by SavoyBG
Who will be the first one to have a second winner?
Well, it won't be me. That Shep & Limelites record was my best shot.
Now I can relax, and hopefully the next month will be Frank, Carl, Rick,
Bill, Bob, or Mark's turn. Or maybe Dennis will put his money where his
mouth is and make some nominations of his own. :^)
SavoyBG