Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January - Round 2 - Group 4
2020-01-21 14:29:17 UTC

Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair

Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson

Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee

My Indian Red - Danny Barker

SavoyBG
2020-01-21 14:29:44 UTC

1. My Indian Red - Danny Barker
2. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson
3. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
4. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
DianeE
2020-01-21 14:42:19 UTC
1-Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair (This was the "find" of the
month for me. I actually have it on an old cassette tape but I had not
heard it in so long that I had completely forgotten it.)

2-My Indian Red - Danny Barker
3-Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson
4-Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
Bill B
2020-01-21 14:43:06 UTC

OleManRiver
2020-01-21 14:43:47 UTC
SavoyBG
2020-01-21 15:22:54 UTC
1. My Indian Red - Danny Barker
2. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson
3. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
4. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
Now THAT'S a ballot!

Julia Lee so far has 6 lasts and a first place ranking from Reverso Rowan.
Steve Mc
2020-01-21 15:30:08 UTC
1. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair

2. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee

3. My Indian Red - Danny Barker

4. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson

2020-01-21 14:47:05 UTC
1- Julia Lee

2- Dany Barker

3- Sunny Blair

4- George Stevenson
Carl
2020-01-21 15:11:30 UTC
Mark Dintenfass
2020-01-21 16:01:35 UTC
My Indian Red - Danny Barker
Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
2020-01-21 16:06:03 UTC
1. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson
2. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
3. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
4. My Indian Red - Danny Barker
Jim Colegrove
2020-01-21 17:03:33 UTC

4. My Indian Red - Danny Barker
Jim Colegrove
2020-01-21 17:06:11 UTC
On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:03:33 -0600, Jim Colegrove
Post by Rick Schubert
1. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson
2. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
3. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee
4. My Indian Red - Danny Barker
hit send too fast. amend please to the following:

SavoyBG
2020-01-21 17:32:43 UTC
Here's our ELITE EIGHT for January:

1. Please Don't Tell 'Em - Blue Dots - 37 (Diane)
2. Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin - 29 (Jim)

1. Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown - 30 (Carl)
2. All Your Love - Magic Sam - 30 (Diane)

1. Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie - 31 (Diane)
2. Midnight Blues - Baby Calloway - 27 (Steve)

1. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair - 32 (Roger)
2. My Indian Red - Danny Barker - 31 (Bruce)

Three for Diane, and one each for Jim, Roger, Carl, Steve and Brucie!

First group tomorrow.
SavoyBG
2020-01-21 17:31:00 UTC

1. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair - 32
2. My Indian Red - Danny Barker - 31

3. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson - 27
4. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee - 20

My Barker had a nice lead after 9 ballots, but last from Rick and Jim dropped it to second after Roger's Blair. Both advance so me and Roger salvage one record each in the ELITE EIGHT.

Jim's George Stevenson and Mark's Julia Lee shot their load too soon.
DianeE
2020-01-21 18:13:50 UTC
My Barker had a nice lead after 9 ballots, but last from Rick and Jim dropped it to second after Roger's Blair.
------------
You know that Jim changed his vote and put it 3rd, right?
SavoyBG
2020-01-21 18:41:46 UTC
My Barker had a nice lead after 9 ballots, but last from Rick and Jim dropped it to second after Roger's Blair.
You know that Jim changed his vote and put it 3rd, right?
No, did not see that. Let me fix things.

Nothing had changed as Blair wins the tie breaker.

1. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair - 32
2. My Indian Red - Danny Barker - 32

3. Meet Me at Grandma's Joint - George Stevenson - 27
4. Don't Come Too Soon - Julia Lee - 19