Obscure 1950s Era Recordings Tournament - May 2021
2021-05-01 10:41:39 UTC
May 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-05-01 12:37:11 UTC
Okay, we start the prelims tomorrow. Here are the entries:

MARK

Ooby Dooby - Roy Orbison

Think - Five Royales

Untie Me - The Tams

Lillie Mae - Smiley Lewis

Wasn't That Good - Wynonie Harris

BRUCE

Old MacDonald - The Five Keys

Beside You - The Swallows

If You Ain't Lovin' (You Ain't Livin') - Bull Moose Jackson

You Got Me Dizzy - Jimmy Reed

Stormy Weather - Spaniels

RICK

Rubber Biscuit - Chips - Josie 803 - 1956

Don't Stop Dan - Checkers - King 4710 - 1954

Please, Please, Please - Five Royales - Home Of The Blues 112 - 1960

Zippity Zum (I'm In Love) - Chords - Cat 109 - 1954

Come On Little Angel - Belmonts - Sabina 505 - 1962

STEVE

Howlin' Wolf Boogie - Howlin' Wolf

Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Elvis Presley

Baby I'm Leaving - Bob Reed

Git It - Gene Vincent

You Tear Me Up - Ricky Nelson

DIANE

Open Up That Door - Nappy Brown

Sick And Tired - Chris Kenner

A Love She Can Count On - The Miracles

Whoever You Are - The Chantels

Information Blues - Roy Milton

ROGER

Carnival Day - Dave Bartholomew

Mary Lee - The Rainbows

Just For You And I - The Supremes

Cat Squirrel - Dr Ross & The Orbits

Trick Bag - Earl King

CARL

Hey Blues - Beecher Hickman

Froggy Went A Courting - Danny Dell & The Trends

My Woman Has A Black Cat Bone - Poppa Hop

Loco Weed - Mel Tillis

Boss Chick - Shortie Billups

JIM

Go and Get Some More - ? Marks -

Wow-Wow Baby - The Searchers -

The Monkey Likes to Boogie - Grandpappy Gibson -

I've Been Your Dog (Ever Since I've Been Your Man) - The Moonglows -

Nasty Breaks - The Dandevilles -

DianeE
2021-05-02 00:24:58 UTC
STEVE
Baby I'm Leaving - Bob Reed
http://youtu.be/8g15772g3kE
--------------
Looking at the video, the pic of the 45 shows the title as "I'm Leaving
You" and says "Vocal by Ted Taylor."
Roger Ford
2021-05-02 03:12:47 UTC
STEVE
Baby I'm Leaving - Bob Reed
http://youtu.be/8g15772g3kE
--------------
Looking at the video, the pic of the 45 shows the title as "I'm Leaving
You" and says "Vocal by Ted Taylor."
This nice uptempo blues appeared over some years on no less than three
different labels,On the original press the vocalist was identified as
one "Ivory Lucky"---a pseudonym for Ted Taylor lately of the Cadets
and The Jacks

2021-05-02 03:23:44 UTC
STEVE
Baby I'm Leaving - Bob Reed
http://youtu.be/8g15772g3kE
--------------
-----------
So which is the correct title, "Baby I'm Leaving" or "I'm Leaving You?"
Roger Ford
2021-05-02 04:18:42 UTC
STEVE
Baby I'm Leaving - Bob Reed
http://youtu.be/8g15772g3kE
--------------
Looking at the video, the pic of the 45 shows the title as "I'm Leaving
You" and says "Vocal by Ted Taylor."
This nice uptempo blues appeared over some years on no less than three
different labels,On the original press the vocalist was identified as
one "Ivory Lucky"---a pseudonym for Ted Taylor lately of the Cadets
and The Jacks
So which is the correct title, "Baby I'm Leaving" or "I'm Leaving You?"
Sorry,I should have mentioned that the title on all three issues
(Melatone,Dena and Watts City) is "I'm Leaving You".