Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January 2021 - Round 1 - Group 8
2021-01-11 11:32:23 UTC
2021-01-11 14:42:23 UTC

2021-01-11 14:43:10 UTC

2021-01-11 15:06:25 UTC

2021-01-11 14:44:44 UTC

2021-01-11 14:58:42 UTC
2021-01-11 15:14:54 UTC
2021-01-11 15:30:21 UTC
2021-01-11 15:54:09 UTC

2021-01-11 16:08:08 UTC
1- Roy Jones & The Shells

2- Chuck Higgins

3- Kool Gents

4- Re Vels
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-11 16:46:59 UTC

1. Do Ya Do - Kool Gents - 23
2. Satisfied - Roy Jones & The Shells - 20

3. Big Fat Mama - Chuck Higgins - 19
4. Love My Baby - Re-vels Quartette - 18

Jim's Kool Gents wins the group and Rick's Shells come from behind to take second place. That gives Rick all 5 of his records in the SWEET 16!

Steve's Chuck Higgins takes third. My Re-vels went from a solid second place after 6 ballots to last when fucking Jim and fucking Dennis both last placed it.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-11 16:50:02 UTC
Round 2 starts tomorrow. Here's what is still in contention.

Look At My Baby - Bo Diddley (Diane)
Mr. Blues - The Masterkeys (Jim)
Hey Girl - The Wrens (Carl)
Don't Pass Me By - Du-Droppers (Rick)
Baby, Be Mine - Diablos featuring Nolan Strong (Rick)
Function At The Junction - Smoki Whitfield (Diane)
Easy Big Mama - Rusty McDonald (Jim)
Christmas Day - Detroit Junior (Rick)
So Long Baby Goodbye - Sammy Lewis & Willie Johnson (Carl)
While Our Hearts Were Young - Federals (Steve)
Rock Me - Nutmegs (Rick)
Rock Everybody Rock - McKinley Mitchell (Bruce)
Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed (Roger)
A Fool In Paradise - Jewels (Bruce)
Do Ya Do - Kool Gents (Jim)
Satisfied - Roy Jones & The Shells (Rick)

Fucking Diane only had 2 nominations and she's got as many left as me and Carl, and more left than Roger and Steve who only have one each!
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-11 17:23:02 UTC
Had you offered selections less vapid than say this last Re Vels revulsion, you would be in the playoffs, baby!!
DianeE
Maybe now Steve will stop nominating Don Feger records? ;)
Sav...@aol.com
LOL
Steve Mc
2021-01-11 17:29:54 UTC
[...]
LOL. I didn'trealize I had nominated 3 of them. But I guess the good
news is I don't have any more lined up.

I think there's only one DF left to do that.
Steve Mc
2021-01-11 22:46:30 UTC
[...]
I missed one ? Perhaps Diane would like to nominate it.

I am quite Satisfied!
Jim Colegrove