Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - May
2020-05-01 12:24:49 UTC
We're all set to start the May prelims tomorrow. Here are the combatants for the tournament.

ROGER

Marked Deck - Mercy Baby

Box Top - Ike Turner Carlson Oliver & Little Ann

My Rifle,My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson

Larry Donn - That's What I Call A Ball

Ballin' Keen - Bobby & Terry Caraway

STEVE

Dancin' Girl - Eddie Eay

You've Been Goofin' - Jimmy Nolen

Got You On My Mind - Miller Sisters

White Cliffs of Dover - Robins

She's Got No Hair - Arthur Crudup

CARL

Blues Has Walked In My Room - Bob Gaddy

Red Hots And Chili Mac - The Moroccos

I Will Return - The Cobras

No Greater Love - Billy 'The Kid' Emerson

Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe

JIM

Down - Marveliers

Claude King - Run, Baby, Run

Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters

Juke Box Boogie Woogie Chick - Snookum Russell

How About It Baby - Emmet Davis

BRUCE

Sweet Thing - Rams

Mean Old World - Johnny Fuller

There's No Need To Cry - The Five Blind Boys

That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard

Baby Please Don't Go - Big Maybelle

RICK

My Lovin' Baby - Channels

Zoom-Boom-Zing - Cadillacs

Sweet Love - Penguins

My Darling, My Sweet - Flairs

Love Me, Love Me, Love Me - Chimes

DIANE

The Same Old Story - The Champions

In The Same Old Way - Tommy Ridgley

It Must Have Been Love - Earl King

Lonely Baby - Ty Hunter

Drive Soldiers Drive - Little Maxie

MARK

Am I The Man - Jackie Wilson

Ain't I a Mess - Joe Tex

Daddy Loves Mommyo - Tommy Duncan

I Know Your Wig Is Gone - T-Bone Walker

Magic Mirror - The Empires

DianeE
2020-05-01 13:19:50 UTC
Claude King - Run, Baby, Run
http://youtu.be/3GKbEM7JHCw
-----------
Title - Artist in wrong order. Does this affect the randomization in
any way?
SavoyBG
2020-05-01 13:57:27 UTC
Claude King - Run, Baby, Run
http://youtu.be/3GKbEM7JHCw
-----------
no
Roger Ford
2020-05-01 14:11:53 UTC
Claude King - Run, Baby, Run
http://youtu.be/3GKbEM7JHCw
-----------
Title - Artist in wrong order. Does this affect the randomization in
any way?
Shit! I did same thing too
http://youtu.be/xiGE5qXgotU

I am in a similar tournament in the Acclaimedmusic forums with mostly modern records. With the weird names of these artists and songs I usually can't tell which is the song title and which is the artist.
Roger Ford
2020-05-01 17:11:35 UTC
Claude King - Run, Baby, Run
http://youtu.be/3GKbEM7JHCw
-----------
Post by DianeE
Larry Donn - That's What I Call A Ball
http://youtu.be/xiGE5qXgotU
I am in a similar tournament in the Acclaimedmusic forums with mostly modern records. With the weird names of these artists and songs I usually can't tell which is the song title and which is the artist.
With the state most of todays music is in does it make any difference?

2020-05-01 18:01:04 UTC
Claude King - Run, Baby, Run
http://youtu.be/3GKbEM7JHCw
Post by DianeE
Larry Donn - That's What I Call A Ball
http://youtu.be/xiGE5qXgotU
I am in a similar tournament in the Acclaimedmusic forums with mostly modern records. With the weird names of these artists and songs I usually can't tell which is the song title and which is the artist.
With the state most of todays music is in does it make any difference?
Not usually, but some things are just bad, like a 2 OR A 3, AND OTHERS ARE REALLY PUTRID, LIKE A 0 OR A 1.