PHIL SPECTOR DEAD
2021-01-17 16:12:29 UTC
LOS ANGELES — (AP) — Phil Spector, the eccentric and revolutionary
music producer who transformed rock music with his “Wall of Sound”
method whose later was convicted of murder, has died at age 81.
California state prison officials said he died Saturday of natural
causes at a hospital.

2021-01-17 16:49:10 UTC
LOS ANGELES — (AP) — Phil Spector, the eccentric and revolutionary
music producer who transformed rock music with his “Wall of Sound”
method whose later was convicted of murder, has died at age 81.
California state prison officials said he died Saturday of natural
causes at a hospital.
Of course loved a lot of his records, but Al Pacino's portrayl of him in
the HBO movie a few years back creeped me out big time.

He was exceedingly creepy.
Jim Colegrove
2021-01-17 17:22:01 UTC
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 08:49:10 -0800, Steve Mc
Post by Steve Mc
Post by Roger Ford
LOS ANGELES — (AP) — Phil Spector, the eccentric and revolutionary
music producer who transformed rock music with his “Wall of Sound”
method whose later was convicted of murder, has died at age 81.
California state prison officials said he died Saturday of natural
causes at a hospital.
Of course loved a lot of his records, but Al Pacino's portrayl of him in
the HBO movie a few years back creeped me out big time.
Espcially the vast array of wigs. Another interesting look at him is
the documentary "Da Doo Ron Ron: Story Of Phil Spector."
DianeE
Did you ever meet him?
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-17 20:36:50 UTC
Did you ever meet him?
To know him was to love him?
bbug
2021-01-17 20:52:12 UTC
Post by Dennis C from Tennessee
Post by DianeE
Did you ever meet him?
To know him was to love him?
When authorities were looking for Spector to arrest him, someone asked where he was. I posted here:

The dude run run run, the dude run run.
Jim Colegrove
No, I did not.
bbug
2021-01-17 20:45:45 UTC
Oh no! Next we'll hear we've lost Donald Trump. I don't think I could survive two such tragedies. :-(
DianeE
2021-01-17 22:00:44 UTC
Post by bbug
LOS ANGELES — (AP) — Phil Spector, the eccentric and revolutionary
music producer who transformed rock music with his “Wall of Sound”
method whose later was convicted of murder, has died at age 81.
Oh no! Next we'll hear we've lost Donald Trump. I don't think I could survive two such tragedies. :-(
-------
Well, a lot of conspiracists claim Jeffrey Epstein isn't really
dead....so maybe he helped Spector fake his death and then spirited him
off to his private island. Does that cheer you up?
DianeE
2021-01-17 22:51:34 UTC
LOS ANGELES — (AP) — Phil Spector, the eccentric and revolutionary
music producer who transformed rock music with his “Wall of Sound”
method whose later was convicted of murder, has died at age 81.
California state prison officials said he died Saturday of natural
causes at a hospital.
---------
According to the Daily Beast, the "natural causes" were actually Covid-19:
<<Spector...contracted COVID-19 four weeks ago. He was hospitalized and
was returned to prison last week but on Saturday was readmitted to the
hospital, where he died from complications.>>
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-18 03:02:17 UTC
Ronnie Spector shared a pretty thoughtful and touching statement on Phil's death. Here it is:

It’s a sad day for music and a sad day for me.

When I was working with Phil Spector, watching him create in the recording studio, I knew I was working with the very best. He was in complete control, directing everyone. So much to love about those days.

Meeting him and falling in love was like a fairytale.

The magical music we were able to make together, was inspired by our love. I loved him madly, and gave my heart and soul to him.

As I said many times while he was alive, he was a brilliant producer, but a lousy husband.

Unfortunately Phil was not able to live and function outside of the recording studio.

Darkness set in, many lives were damaged.

I still smile whenever I hear the music we made together, and always will. The music will be forever

Phil Spector 1939-2021.
DianeE
She is a class act.
RWC
2021-01-18 06:05:08 UTC
RWC
2021-01-18 06:13:02 UTC
I, for one, never fully appreciated his close to cacophonous "Wall of Sound".
Dean F.
2021-01-18 08:15:34 UTC
I, for one, never fully appreciated his close to cacophonous "Wall of Sound".
Your loss.