Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp Edition (1960-1963) - Semi-finals - Group 1
2019-06-20 13:00:05 UTC

Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

Let's Go Home - Staple Singers

Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

SavoyBG
2019-06-20 13:02:18 UTC
DIANE'S RANKINGS

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
SavoyBG
2019-06-20 13:05:49 UTC

1. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
2. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
3. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
4. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
Dennis C
2019-06-20 13:13:49 UTC
1- Staples

2- Nathaniel Meyer

3- Shep

4- Buster Brown

* slender trim sprig separates second and third, baby!!
SavoyBG
I agree but I went the opposite of you on those two, and on #1 and #4. Once again we have no white records in the ELITE EIGHT.
Dennis C
2019-06-20 13:47:44 UTC
Could the Staples finally be going to the house?

Can't believe Jimmy "guitar" Colegrove turning a deaf ear to Pop's country smooth fret groove, baby!!!
Jim Colegrove
2019-06-20 15:38:28 UTC
Could the Staples finally be going to the house?
Can't believe Jimmy "guitar" Colegrove turning a deaf ear to Pop's country smooth fret groove, baby!!!
Denny, it was a very fine line, close call as are many of these
ballots.
Jim Colegrove
2019-06-20 13:36:32 UTC
1. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

4. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
OleManRiver
2019-06-20 13:41:41 UTC
1. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
2. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
3. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
4. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
Steve Mc
2019-06-20 14:32:43 UTC
1. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers

2. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

3. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

4. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer

2019-06-20 14:15:34 UTC
Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

2019-06-20 14:16:01 UTC
http://youtu.be/1DptodD8Fwc
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/JlehkBXZgEU
3 Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/guer6fzjido
4 Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
http://youtu.be/e5YQxsYNrBI
Mark Dintenfass
2019-06-20 14:33:06 UTC
Nat shep buster staples
Bob Roman
2019-06-20 15:01:05 UTC
1. Staple Singers
2. Shep & Limelites
3. Buster Brown
4. Nathaniel Mayer

2019-06-20 15:48:56 UTC
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
SavoyBG
2019-06-20 16:48:08 UTC
1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
FINAL RANKINGS are the same as Rick's ballot.

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 35
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer - 31

3. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers - 27
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown - 27

The Staples nose out Buster in the tie breaker by being ranked higher on 7 of the 12 ballots. Small consolation though, as both are out with the 2 doo wops advancing into our FINAL FOUR.

Congrats to Muller and Fay for getting there!
Ken Whiton
2019-06-21 06:59:03 UTC
*-* On Thu, 20 Jun 2019, at 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article <855da391-18c0-4db3-845d-***@googlegroups.com>,
*-* SavoyBG wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp
Edition (1960-1963) - Semi-finals - Group 1
1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. My Last Dance With You - Nathaniel Mayer
3. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
FINAL RANKINGS are the same as Rick's ballot.
It's also the same as Diane's and Bill's ballots and the original
listing that was presented to start the group.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)