Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - May - Round 1 - Group 8
2020-05-17 13:19:55 UTC

My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson

Sweet Thing - Rams

The Same Old Story - The Champions

Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters

SavoyBG
2020-05-17 13:20:28 UTC
MY RANKINGS - I like all of these.

1. Sweet Thing - Rams
2. My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson
3. The Same Old Story - The Champions
4. Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters
Steve Mc
2020-05-17 14:08:20 UTC
1. The Same Old Story - The Champions

2. Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters

3. Sweet Thing - Rams

4. My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson

2020-05-17 14:27:30 UTC
DIANE'S RANKINGS

1. The Same Old Story - The Champions
2. Sweet Thing - Rams
3. Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters
4. My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson
Roger Ford
2020-05-17 13:26:15 UTC
My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson

Don't get too comfortable in that #1 spot fellas!

I have an awful feeling you won't be seeing it again :-(

2020-05-17 13:29:28 UTC
1. The Same Old Story - Champions
4. Sweet Thing - Rams
Dennis C
2020-05-17 13:35:40 UTC
1- The Champions

2- The Midnighters

3- Rams

4- Dino & Ricky
Mark Dintenfass
2020-05-17 14:29:43 UTC
1. Sweet Thing - Rams

Rick Schubert
2020-05-17 15:45:26 UTC
SavoyBG
2020-05-17 15:52:38 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS (same as Rick and Diane)

1. The Same Old Story - The Champions - 31
2. Sweet Thing - Rams - 23

3. Rock These Blues Away - The Midnighters - 20
4. My Rifle, My Pony & Me - Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson - 16

Diane is happier than 2 pigs in shit now as not only did she win the group, but she beat me by 8 points!

Jim's rocker and Roger's Movie song are out.
SavoyBG
2020-05-17 15:56:33 UTC
Here are the SWEET SIXTEEN:

I Will Return - The Cobras (Carl)
Baby Please Don't Go - Big Maybelle (Bruce)
Red Hots And Chili Mac - The Moroccos (Carl)
In The Same Old Way - Tommy Ridgley (Diane)
Marked Deck - Mercy Baby (Roger)
Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe (Carl)
Down - Marveliers (Jim)
You've Been Goofin' - Jimmy Nolen (Steve)
Zoom-Boom-Zing - Cadillacs (Rick)
That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard (Bruce)
She's Got No Hair - Arthur Crudup (Steve)
It Must Have Been Love - Earl King (Diane)
That's What I Call A Ball - Larry Donn (Roger)
Lonely Baby - Ty Hunter (Diane)
The Same Old Story - The Champions (Diane)
Sweet Thing - Rams (Bruce)

We are all in this next round except for Mark who will have to go back to the drawing board for June. Dame Diane leads the fray with 4 of her records still alive, so she will have one in each of the 4 groups coming up.