Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - August - FINAL FOUR
2020-08-25 13:03:34 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf

A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis

Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe)

Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair

SavoyBG
2020-08-25 13:04:39 UTC

1. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf
2. Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe)
3. A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis
4. Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair
Steve Mc
2020-08-25 13:43:30 UTC
1. A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis

2. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf

3. Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe)

4. Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair

2020-08-25 13:22:55 UTC
1-Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe)
2-Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair
3-A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis
4-Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf
Roger Ford

A tough final four IMO.
Bill B
2020-08-25 14:06:02 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1 Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/tanCmoFvqZg
2 A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/zLnHQ4_gR8k
3 Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe)
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/xuwky_Gikgk
4 Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf
http://youtu.be/kFyrk8WEsk8
md

2020-08-25 14:57:57 UTC
1. Tell Me - Howlin’ Wolf
Rick Schubert
SavoyBG
2020-08-25 15:54:41 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - Thank you, Rick! Same as me and Rick.

1. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf - 26
2. Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe) - 25
3. A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis - 20
4. Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair - 19

Rick's ballot decides it as my Wolf wins the tournament, just edging Diane's Cousin Joe. Steve JHL is third and Mark's Fessa is 4th. All really strong records IMO.
Bill B
2020-08-25 17:32:35 UTC
Where's Scarlotti when you need him?
DianeE
2020-08-25 17:49:03 UTC
---------
Bite your tongue!
SavoyBG
2020-08-25 18:01:09 UTC
She's lucky you were voting this month.
DianeE
2020-08-25 21:12:13 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - Thank you, Rick! Same as me and Rick.
1. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf - 26
Where's Scarlotti when you need him?
She's lucky you were voting this month.
----------
Why am I lucky? He put my record third. I don't know where Dennis or
Geoff would have put it.
SavoyBG
But he put it above my record.
Roger Ford
2020-08-26 11:43:19 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - Thank you, Rick! Same as me and Rick.
1. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf - 26
2. Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe) - 25
3. A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis - 20
4. Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair - 19
Rick's ballot decides it as my Wolf wins the tournament,
You might as well reign until September

Good one Raj!
SavoyBG
I'm looking to repeat.
Roger Ford
2020-08-26 14:09:03 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - Thank you, Rick! Same as me and Rick.
1. Tell Me - Howlin' Wolf - 26
2. Hole In The Ground - Freddie Kohlman Orch (Cousin Joe) - 25
3. A Jumpin and A Shufflin - Joe Hill Louis - 20
4. Walk Your Blues Away - Professor Longhair - 19
Rick's ballot decides it as my Wolf wins the tournament,
You might as well reign until September
I'm looking to repeat.
You gotta catch the high FIVE!