Hilton Valentine
2021-01-31 22:36:07 UTC
Hilton Valentine, the guitarist who became a founding member of The
Animals in 1963, has died at age 77. No cause of death was made public.
He started out in skiffle and had returned to that genre in recent
years.
RWC
2021-02-01 02:08:27 UTC
Hilton Valentine, the guitarist who became a founding member of The
Animals in 1963, has died at age 77. No cause of death was made public.
He started out in skiffle and had returned to that genre in recent
years.
My iPhone SmartNews app told me this a day ago.

What surprised me a bit, was that I'd never heard of him
as a member of the Animals.

Thanks for the 'started out in skiffle' info.
RWC
2021-02-01 02:47:53 UTC
Hilton Valentine, the guitarist who became a founding member of The
Animals in 1963, has died at age 77.
What a great, fancy middle-class sounding, name.

Hilton Stewart Paterson Valentine (21 May 1943 – 29 January 2021)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilton_Valentine

His mother bought him his first guitar in 1956 when he was 13.

"Valentine is credited with the electric guitar arpeggio introduction to the
Animals' 1964 signature song "The House of the Rising Sun" (played on
his Gretsch Tennessean guitar), which inspired countless beginning guitarists."
Dean F.
2021-02-01 03:50:11 UTC
Hilton Valentine, the guitarist who became a founding member of The
Animals in 1963, has died at age 77.
He lived about an hour's drive from me in Wallingford, CT.