Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp Edition (1960-1963) - Round 1 - Group 4
2019-06-11 13:32:20 UTC

Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

You Know My Love - Otis Rush

Driveway Blues - Ben Harper

SavoyBG
2019-06-11 13:40:19 UTC

1. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
2. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
3. Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
4. You Know My Love - Otis Rush
Bill B
2019-06-11 14:21:27 UTC
1 Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/1DptodD8Fwc
2 Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/cgnqPgI9-PQ
3 You Know My Love - Otis Rush
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/jqYSMmtHeNY
4 Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
http://youtu.be/e5YQxsYNrBI
DianeE
2019-06-11 14:49:48 UTC
1-Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2-Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
3-Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
4-You Know My Love - Otis Rush
Steve Mc
2019-06-11 15:34:34 UTC
1-Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

2-You Know My Love - Otis Rush

3-Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites

4-Driveway Blues - Ben Harper

2019-06-11 14:58:00 UTC
1. Otis Rush
2. Buster Brown
3. Shep & The Limelites
4. Ben Harper

2019-06-11 15:01:18 UTC
Doctor Brown - Buster Brown

2019-06-11 15:25:02 UTC
Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
You Know My Love - Otis Rush
Driveway Blues - Ben Harper

Gee baby, who knew the cusp contest would be all about the doowop
revival?
2019-06-11 15:29:49 UTC
1. You Know My Love - Otis Rush
2. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown
3. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
4. Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
Dennis C
2019-06-11 16:14:55 UTC
1- Otis Rush

2- Shep

3- Ben Harper

4- Buster Brown
Jim Colegrove
2019-06-11 16:23:25 UTC

4-Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
Carl
2019-06-11 17:29:59 UTC
Otis Rush
Shep
Ben Harper
Buster Brown
Bill B
2019-06-11 19:52:22 UTC
Otis Rush
Shep
Ben Harper
Buster Brown
Rick's votes are in Group 3.
SavoyBG
2019-06-11 20:44:33 UTC
Rick's votes are in Group 3.
Thanks.

FINAL RANKINGS

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites - 36
2. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown - 32

3. You Know My Love - Otis Rush - 32
4. Driveway Blues - Ben Harper - 20

Rush and Harper are out. For the second time this round one of my items edges into the next round on a tie breaker. Brown and Rush were each ranked higher on 6 ballots. They each had 4 first place rankings. Brown had 4 second place rankings and Rush had just 3 second place rankings.

Diane's record wins this group and she now has 2 records in Round 2.

Group 5 tomorrow morning.
Rick Schubert
2019-06-11 23:52:01 UTC
Rick's votes are in Group 3.
Thanks.
Thanks, Bill, and sorry about that. I was in a hurry earlier. Just for the record in this thread,
here is how I voted:

1. Gee Baby What About You - Shep & The Limelites
2. You Know My Love - Otis Rush
3. Driveway Blues - Ben Harper
4. Doctor Brown - Buster Brown