KWBR - Oakland, CA - August 22, 1958
2019-04-09 07:52:11 UTC
I'd hardly call some of these songs R&B, but whatever.

KWBR – OAKLAND
1000 WATTS DIAL 1310
THE AUTHENTIC RHYTHM & BLUES RECORD POLL
THE TOP “25”
AUGUST 22, 1958

TW LW
1. Willie And The Hand Jive – Johnny Otis 2
2. Little Star – The Elegants 18
3. Just A Dream – Jimmy Clanton 10
4. Down The Aisle Of Love – The Quin-Tones --
5. Win Your Love For Me – Sam Cooke 16
6. You Cheated – The Shields 9
7. Fever/You Don’t Know – Peggy Lee 7
8. Going To Chicago Blues – C. Basie & J. Williams 14
9. You’re A Sweetheart – Little Willie John 8
10. My True Love – Jack Scott 4
11. Rebel-‘Rouser – Duane Eddy 12
12. Lawful Wedding – The Cufflinx 21
13. Topsy – Cozy Cole --
14. Little Boy Blue – Bobby Blue Bland --
15. Patricia – Perez Prado 1
16. For Your Precious Love – Jerry Butler 6
17. I Know It’s A Sin – Jimmy Reed 15
18. Betty Lou Got A New Pair Of Shoes – Bobby Freeman 20
19. Itchy Twitchy Feeling – B. Hendricks/Swallows --
20. I’m Sorry – Kenny Martin --
21. Tell The Truth – The “5” Royales 24
22. My Bonnie – Ray Charles --
23. I Believe In You – Robert & Johnny --
24. Barefoot Rock – Little Junior Parker 25
25. The Only Way To Love – Frankie Lymon --
DianeE
2019-04-09 17:27:01 UTC
---------------
----------------
I think this record is terrific, and I'm glad to see it charted *somewhere*.
Steve Mc
2019-04-09 18:25:04 UTC
Post by Dean F.
    24. Barefoot Rock – Little Junior Parker                       25
I think this record is terrific, and I'm glad to see it charted *somewhere*.
Not sure it charted on the Top 40 stations, but I do remember hearing it
on the radio here in the Bay Area. Perhaps I heard it on KWBR. I know my
brother did buy it, and I still have it.