Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - April 2021 Preliminary Round - Group 3
2021-04-04 10:31:17 UTC
Sun. April 4 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-04 13:22:39 UTC

She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff

Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley

Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan

Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland

Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-04 13:23:11 UTC

1. Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan
2. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
3. Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley
4. She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff
5. Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
Steve Mc
2021-04-04 14:23:51 UTC
1. Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley

2. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

3. Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland

4. She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff

5. Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan

2021-04-04 13:50:46 UTC
1-Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
2-Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan
3-She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff
4-Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
5-Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley
Roger Ford
2021-04-04 13:57:48 UTC
Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 8
Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland - 8
Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan - 7
Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley - 7
She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff - 7

2021-04-04 14:05:22 UTC
She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff
http://youtu.be/b2alhpFLELo
From 1952 here's the easy rockin' "She's My Baby" from Jimmy
Huff---former Big Jay McNeely band member who wrote the classic "All
That Wine Is Gone" and led Jay's "Three Dots And A Dash" backing group
on that number.

"She's My Baby" originally appeared on the small Los Angeles label
International before being picked up by RPM. A second release on
RPM---the good but repetitive "Don't You Know"---followed in 1953.
Post by ***@aol.com
Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley
http://youtu.be/m8kQs91fj-w
Decent enough allad from Elvis that was paired with the dire "Aura
Lee"-like movie theme "Love Me Tender" smash topside for RCA release.
Recorded 2 July 1956 at RCA Victor Studio in New York City. Personnel
Elvis Presley (vcl/gtr) Scotty Moore (gtr) Bill Black (bs) D.J.Fontana
(dms) Shorty Long (pno)

Two other throwaway numbers were waxed at this session---"Hound Dog"
and "Don't Be Cruel"
Post by ***@aol.com
Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
http://youtu.be/zyJaTwIkobM
Originally recorded by Kenny Brown & Marilyn Kaye on Pep in 1955

and turned into a monster C&W hit by Ray Price the following year
before Jerry Lee muscled in on the song,taking it as his debut
release for Sun a few months later. It's a great version but I prefer
the even greater "End Of The Road" B-side. Personnel : Jerry Lee Lewis
(vcl/pno);Roland Janes (gtr) J.M. Van Eaton (dms)
Post by ***@aol.com
Just A Little Walk - Bobby Marchan
http://youtu.be/edwA0lFdX5U
His first record I believe recorded for Aladdin March 9, 1953 at J&M
Studios in New Orleans.
Post by ***@aol.com
Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
http://youtu.be/s-RoP05BdC4
1962 was a great year for Bobby Bland on Duke yielding some of my very
favorite singles by him.Here's my top five from the year :-

1. Stormy Monday Blues - 9
2. Who Will The Next Fool Be - 9
3. Call On Me - 8
4. Yield Not To Temptation - 8
5. That's The Way Love Is - 8

2021-04-04 14:46:31 UTC
Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

2021-04-04 15:09:03 UTC
1. Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-04-04 15:55:26 UTC
1- Bobby Bland

2- Jerry Lee Lewis