Uncloudy Day
2021-05-30 14:28:55 UTC
I posted this 2 days ago in the June nominations thread and I think it
got lost. Would appreciate some comments yes or no!
-------------------
On Tue, 25 May 2021 09:34:01 -0700, Steve Mc
Modern Don Juan - Buddy Holly
[Lost 11-8 to: The Staple Singers - Uncloudy Day - Vee Jay 224]
This shocks me.
Not me
I voted for the Staples
One of my all time favorite gospel numbers
--------------------
Believe it or not I think it is based on this:

Roger Ford
2021-05-30 18:00:35 UTC
I posted this 2 days ago in the June nominations thread and I think it
got lost. Would appreciate some comments yes or no!
-------------------
On Tue, 25 May 2021 09:34:01 -0700, Steve Mc
Modern Don Juan - Buddy Holly
[Lost 11-8 to: The Staple Singers - Uncloudy Day - Vee Jay 224]
This shocks me.
Not me
I voted for the Staples
One of my all time favorite gospel numbers
--------------------
http://youtu.be/yZedEFtHZaI
What about this from 1928?

2021-05-30 18:18:35 UTC
http://youtu.be/eaoUkakgYoI
------------
Incredibly, yep, that's it. They made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Jim Colegrove
2021-05-30 19:21:47 UTC
I posted this 2 days ago in the June nominations thread and I think it
got lost. Would appreciate some comments yes or no!
-------------------
On Tue, 25 May 2021 09:34:01 -0700, Steve Mc
Modern Don Juan - Buddy Holly
[Lost 11-8 to: The Staple Singers - Uncloudy Day - Vee Jay 224]
This shocks me.
Not me
I voted for the Staples
One of my all time favorite gospel numbers
--------------------
http://youtu.be/yZedEFtHZaI
What about this from 1928?
http://youtu.be/eaoUkakgYoI
------------
Incredibly, yep, that's it. They made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Written by Josiah Kelley Alwood in 1879. Beautiful shape-note singing.

The first recorded version 1913:
https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/200013990/B-13749-The_unclouded_day
RWC
2021-05-31 00:45:49 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_note
super70s
2021-06-06 11:37:37 UTC
I posted this 2 days ago in the June nominations thread and I think it
got lost. Would appreciate some comments yes or no!
-------------------
On Tue, 25 May 2021 09:34:01 -0700, Steve Mc
Modern Don Juan - Buddy Holly
[Lost 11-8 to: The Staple Singers - Uncloudy Day - Vee Jay 224]
This shocks me.
Not me
I voted for the Staples
One of my all time favorite gospel numbers
--------------------
http://youtu.be/yZedEFtHZaI
39
What about this from 1928?
http://youtu.be/eaoUkakgYoI
Incredibly, yep, that's it. They made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Written by Josiah Kelley Alwood in 1879. Beautiful shape-note singing.
https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/200013990/B-13749-The_unc
louded_day
Don Henley covered this song on his 1982 solo debut I Can't Stand Still
where it's credited to J. K. Alwood and J.F. Kinsey in the liner notes.
Henley and his co-writer Danny Kortchmar copyrighted their arrangement.