Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - April - FINALS
2020-04-24 12:55:03 UTC
The FINALS are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers

Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams

Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore

Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self

SavoyBG
2020-04-24 12:55:49 UTC

1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
2. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams
3. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore
4. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers
Roger Ford

2020-04-24 13:17:10 UTC

Steve Mc
2020-04-24 15:32:23 UTC
1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self

2. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers

3. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams

4. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore

2020-04-24 15:46:31 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS (Same as my ballot)

1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self - 25
2. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams - 23

3. 4. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore - 21 (5-4)
4. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers - 21

Steve is back in the Winner's Circle as we finally have our first white winner with Ronnie Self. My Larry Williams was just 2 points back in second place. Carl's Lenore edges Roger's Myers in a 5-4 tie breaker for third place.

If I had ranked my own record first and the Self second the Self still would have won in a tie breaker.

An extremely competitive final with just 4 points separating first and last.
DianeE
2020-04-24 20:15:45 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS (Same as my ballot)
1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self - 25
2. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams - 23
3. 4. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore - 21 (5-4)
4. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers - 21
Steve is back in the Winner's Circle as we finally have our first white winner with Ronnie Self. My Larry Williams was just 2 points back in second place. Carl's Lenore edges Roger's Myers in a 5-4 tie breaker for third place.
If I had ranked my own record first and the Self second the Self still would have won in a tie breaker.
An extremely competitive final with just 4 points separating first and last.
------------
I predicted Steve was going to win this month, but unlike last month I
didn't correctly pick the winning record.

This month's winner is a very good rockabilly record but I am of course
disappointed that any rockabilly record wins. If Bill was voting it
might not have won. OTOH if Geoff was voting....
Roger Ford
2020-04-25 04:39:05 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS (Same as my ballot)
1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self - 25
Steve is back in the Winner's Circle as we finally have our first white winner with Ronnie Self.
I keep pinching myself and still can't believe this number was never
in a Battle

Congrats Steve! Great job!

2020-04-24 21:23:59 UTC
On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:32:23 -0700, Steve Mc
Post by SavoyBG
1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
2. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers
3. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams
4. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore
Congratulations to Steve for breaking the color barrier in the contest
and a rockabilly record to boot. Of all things!
Steve Mc
2020-04-24 23:01:27 UTC
Post by SavoyBG
1. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
2. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers
3. Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams
4. Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore
Congratulations to Steve for breaking the color barrier in the contest
and a rockabilly record to boot. Of all things!
Thankyou thankyouverymuch.

White AND Rockabilly !!! Elvis and a bunch of others would be proud.

2020-04-24 14:02:35 UTC
The FINALS are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers
http://youtu.be/7H6VuhWP1tk
Let Me Tell You, Baby - Larry Williams
http://youtu.be/BumPfxCqr94
Fine Girls - J.B. Lenore
http://youtu.be/_gbaT0fZWlA
Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
http://youtu.be/2yzZuOCXbrU
-----------
In that order.
Dennis C
2020-04-24 14:57:35 UTC
1- Ronnie Self

2- J.B. Lenoir

3- Larry Williams

4- Sammy Myers
Carl
2020-04-24 15:04:44 UTC
1. Fine Girls - J B Lenore
2. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
Rick Schubert
2020-04-24 15:04:48 UTC
The FINALS are now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers
4. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self
Mark Dintenfass