narkive is for sale. Interested? (dismiss)
Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March - Semi-Finals - Group 1
2020-03-22 13:48:30 UTC

2020-03-22 13:54:30 UTC

2020-03-22 13:55:17 UTC

2020-03-22 14:30:21 UTC

2020-03-22 14:17:11 UTC

2020-03-22 14:31:25 UTC
2020-03-22 14:47:16 UTC

2020-03-22 14:44:54 UTC

3- The Five Notes

4- Big Mike
Mark Dintenfass
2020-03-22 14:55:18 UTC
The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page
Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes
Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims
Rain Or Shine - Big Mike

All quite good. The soulfulness of The Five Notes has really grown on
me.
2020-03-22 15:25:08 UTC
1. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike
2 .Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes
3. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page
4. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims
Rick Schubert
2020-03-22 16:53:29 UTC
1. Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes
2. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims
3. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike
4. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page
SavoyBG
2020-03-22 17:08:35 UTC

1. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims - 25
2. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike - 24

3. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page - 22
4. Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes - 19

Roger's Sims edges Carl's Big Mike to win the group as both advance to the FINAL FOUR. Steve's Hot Lips and Carl's Five Notes are out.
RWC
2020-03-23 15:12:28 UTC
1. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims - 25
2. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike - 24
3. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page - 22
4. Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes - 19
Before I saw this result I felt that a large white audience across all age
groups would majority pick "Hey Little Girl" - which meant it could have come
3rd or 4th in this woke black r&b leaning newsgroup. Sure enough, not a single
voter here picked Frankie Lee Sims as their first choice :-)

This isn't going to happen, but it would be good to know one or two of the
reasons for a voter's first pick (it could be made a contest rule).
To randomly pick a vote, why, for example, did Jim pick "Rain Or Shine" by Big
Mike - my guess, the truly impressive guitar component of this record.

The relative strength of "Hey Little Girl", for general white audiances at
least, is its **overall** sound.

Geoff
SavoyBG
Wrong. Diane had it first.
RWC
2020-03-23 16:13:24 UTC
1. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims - 25
2. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike - 24
3. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page - 22
4. Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes - 19
Before I saw this result I felt that a large white audience across all age
groups would majority pick "Hey Little Girl" - which meant it could have come
3rd or 4th in this woke black r&b leaning newsgroup. Sure enough, not a single
voter here picked Frankie Lee Sims as their first choice :-)
Wrong. Diane had it first.
Diane's vote did not show up within my Agent app:

Obscure 1950's Era Recordings - March - Semifinals - Group 1

Her votes were posted by me.
RWC
2020-03-24 03:36:49 UTC
1. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims - 25
2. Rain Or Shine - Big Mike - 24
3. The Cadillac Song- Hot Lips Page - 22
4. Broken Hearted Baby - The Five Notes - 19
Before I saw this result I felt that a large white audience across all age
groups would majority pick "Hey Little Girl" - which meant it could have come
3rd or 4th in this woke black r&b leaning newsgroup. Sure enough, not a single
voter here picked Frankie Lee Sims as their first choice :-)
Wrong. Diane had it first.
Are you sure?
Her votes were posted by me.
Okay, I've found Diane's votes. I should have remembered that you sometimes post
her votes. I only looked at each poster once, on this occasion.