Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January 2021 - Round 1 - Group 7
2021-01-10 11:54:10 UTC
Sun. Jan. 10 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-10 14:44:59 UTC

A Fool In Paradise - Jewels

Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed

Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter

Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr.

Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-10 14:45:41 UTC

1. A Fool In Paradise - Jewels
2. Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed
3. Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter
4. Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr.
Steve Mc
2021-01-10 15:05:25 UTC
1. Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter

2. Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed

3. Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr.

4. A Fool In Paradise - Jewels

2021-01-10 14:51:23 UTC
Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed
A Fool In Paradise - Jewels

2021-01-10 14:52:55 UTC
A Fool In Paradise - Jewels
http://youtu.be/-6UozpSW0hE
Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed
http://youtu.be/QRJOkHXTtRg
Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter
http://youtu.be/HU6VyPH5TBk
Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr.
http://youtu.be/1fBCm1YObI4
------------
2nd day in a row: In that order!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-10 15:40:22 UTC
A Fool In Paradise - Jewels
http://youtu.be/-6UozpSW0hE
Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed
http://youtu.be/QRJOkHXTtRg
Your ballot is perfecto!
Carl
2021-01-10 15:53:34 UTC
Sweet Woman From Maine
Biscuit Making Mama
A Fool In Paradise
Don't Leave Me Now
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-01-10 16:07:30 UTC
1- Eddie Burns

2- Arthur Gunter

3- Robert Lockwood

4- Jewels
Rick Schubert
2021-01-10 17:55:20 UTC
1. A Fool In Paradise - Jewels
2. Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter
3. Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed
4. Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-10 19:11:10 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Jim and Roger.

1. Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed - 26
2. A Fool In Paradise - Jewels - 22

3. Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter - 19
4. Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr. - 13

Roger's Big Ed wins the group with my Jewels second and both move into the SWEET 16. Steve and Carl's bluesmen are leaving now for Maine.
Roger Ford
2021-01-11 05:52:32 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Jim and Roger.
1. Biscuit Baking Mama - Big Ed - 26
2. A Fool In Paradise - Jewels - 22
3. Don't Leave Me Now - Arthur Gunter - 19
4. Sweet Woman From Maine - Robert (Lockwood) Jr. - 13
Roger's Big Ed wins the group with my Jewels second and both move into the SWEET 16. Steve and Carl's bluesmen are leaving now for Maine.
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.

I think all the others tick the boxes

bbug
2021-01-11 11:37:03 UTC
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed except Hawaii.
Roger Ford
2021-01-11 12:30:36 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.

It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have

bbug
2021-01-11 14:37:05 UTC
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 03:37:03 -0800 (PST), bbug <>
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.
It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have
You won't be so impressed if you know the circumstances.

Maine was driving through from Expo '67 in Montreal and Seattle was the airport and a bus ride from it to Anchorage, Alaska for a cruise.

I have a good friend who moved to Londonderry, New Hampshire and we visited them several times, resulting in a more normal visiting experience there. Vermont was for skiing trips.

If you are posting from a European country, you have been to more of them than me.
Ken Whiton
2021-01-12 04:06:27 UTC
*-* On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, at 12:30:36 GMT,
*-* In Article <***@news.virginmedia.com>,
*-* Roger Ford wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January 2021 - Round 1 -
Group 7
Post by bbug
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed
except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.
It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have
How many have you been to? I've been to eight, and if the Azores
counts as Portugal it's nine.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Roger Ford
2021-01-12 07:04:03 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed
except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.
It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have
How many have you been to? I've been to eight, and if the Azores
counts as Portugal it's nine.
I've been to nine as well : Ireland,France,Belgium,Germany,Denmark,
Sweden.Spain,Portugal and Greece)

Three more if you include the home countries : Scotland,Wales and
Northern Ireland ,

2021-01-12 15:05:47 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed
except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.
It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have
How many have you been to? I've been to eight, and if the Azores
counts as Portugal it's nine.
I've been to nine as well : Ireland,France,Belgium,Germany,Denmark,
Sweden.Spain,Portugal and Greece)
Three more if you include the home countries : Scotland,Wales and
Northern Ireland ,
Can't compete with you. It's been England, Belgium, Luxembourg,
France, Switzerland, Holland for me.
Steve Mc
2021-01-12 15:30:47 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I'm not a frequent traveler, but I've been to all those you missed
except Hawaii.
Impressive but after all, it IS your country and your continent.
It's like me saying I've probably been to more countries in Europe
than you have
How many have you been to? I've been to eight, and if the Azores
counts as Portugal it's nine.
I've been to nine as well : Ireland,France,Belgium,Germany,Denmark,
Sweden.Spain,Portugal and Greece)
Three more if you include the home countries : Scotland,Wales and
Northern Ireland ,
Can't compete with you. It's been England, Belgium, Luxembourg,
France, Switzerland, Holland for me.
Italy, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Denmark, Germany, England,
Scotland, Wales & Ireland for me.

2021-01-13 03:14:40 UTC
*-* On Tue, 12 Jan 2021, at 07:30:47 -0800,
*-* In Article <IgjLH.2464$***@fx07.iad>,
*-* Steve Mc wrote
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
[...]
When I was there Russia and Estonia were off-limits, along with
Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, and several others. The nine I've
been to are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Luxembourg,
Netherlands, Portugal, and Switzerland.

RWC
2021-01-18 17:06:07 UTC
Maine is one of the few US States I have never visited (along with
Vermont and New Hampshire) plus the one up on the West Coast with the
volcano (Washington ) and of course Hawaii and Alaska.
I think all the others tick the boxes
Hank Snow - 1962:

original lyrics, written in 1959 by Australian country singer Geoff Mack:
Lucky Starr - 1962

UK version by Lucky Starr - 1962

India version by Rajiv Rajaram

Jim Colegrove