HALLELUJAH!
bbug
2021-01-14 20:15:20 UTC
I was just able to post a new topic in Google Groups.
bbug
2021-01-14 20:27:58 UTC
I just noticed my Google Groups is now the Classic version, so I don't ho;dout much hope it will stay that way and I probably won't be able to post new topics when it becomes the new groups again.
Roger Ford
2021-01-14 20:30:49 UTC
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965

Shame it's off topic here :-(

bbug
2021-01-14 20:40:50 UTC
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965
http://youtu.be/8wx_PinU_JU
Shame it's off topic here :-(
Ineligible for the Obscurities contest, but not off topic. We allow later recordings by 50s artists.
Roger Ford
2021-01-14 20:47:18 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965
http://youtu.be/8wx_PinU_JU
Shame it's off topic here :-(
Ineligible for the Obscurities contest, but not off topic. We allow later recordings by 50s artists.
Huh?

This was The Invitations first record.

2021-01-15 06:10:11 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965
http://youtu.be/8wx_PinU_JU
Shame it's off topic here :-(
Ineligible for the Obscurities contest, but not off topic. We allow later recordings by 50s artists.
Please enlighten me on the relevance in this case of your last
sentence here

bbug
2021-01-15 11:17:49 UTC
On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:40:50 -0800 (PST), bbug <>
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965
http://youtu.be/8wx_PinU_JU
Shame it's off topic here :-(
Ineligible for the Obscurities contest, but not off topic. We allow later recordings by 50s artists.
Please enlighten me on the relevance in this case of your last
sentence here
I don't even know which record we're talking about. I was talking about L'homme etc. and you about Hallelujah.

I hadn't clicked on your link to Hallelujah, so I thought you too were talking about L'homme.

As to my last sentence ("we allow later recordings by 50s artists"), it doesn't need enlightenment. It has long been accepted in way too many instances to quote. I'm talking about discussing them or mentioning them in passing, not for contest inclusion.
Roger Ford
2021-01-15 13:03:57 UTC
Post by bbug
Post by Roger Ford
Yes one of my favorite records from 1965
http://youtu.be/8wx_PinU_JU
Shame it's off topic here :-(
Ineligible for the Obscurities contest, but not off topic. We allow later recordings by 50s artists.
Please enlighten me on the relevance in this case of your last
sentence here
I don't even know which record we're talking about. I was talking about L'homme etc. and you about Hallelujah.
I'd already commented on the Piaf abortion in the same thread where
you bought it up