Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - April 2021
2021-04-01 10:29:53 UTC
No joke!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-01 13:13:21 UTC
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!

The tournament will commence tomorrow. Thanks to the new rules we have several heavyweight items in contention.

Here are the 40 items:

MARK

Dearest Darling - Bo Diddley

Don’t Dog Me - Cyde McPhatter

Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

Maybe Tomorrow -Everly Brothers

Grandpa Stole My Baby - Roy Brown

BRUCE

Let's Have Some Fun - Slim Saunders

Just A Litle Walk - Bobby Marchan

Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee

High Low Jack - Buddy Lucas

You're Gonna Cry - Spaniels

ROGER

She's Tough - Jerry McCain

To Be Loved (Forever) - The Pentagons

Tell The Truth - Ray Charles

A Good Man - Irma Thomas

Darling Honey Angel Child - Earl King

STEVE

School Of Rock 'N' Roll - Gene Summers

Hush Hush - Jimmy Reed

Lipstick Powder & Paint - Joe Turner

I'm A Little Mixed Up - Betty James

Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley

CARL

Gene Chandler - Rainbow - Gene Chandler

Bobby Bland - Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland

The Rains Came - Big Sambo & The House Wreckers

Hully Gully Callin' Time - The Jive Five

You Shook Me - Muddy Waters

DIANE

ABC's Of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers

Stand By Me - Guitar Slim

A Woman, A Lover, A Friend - Jackie Wilson

Chonnie-On-Chon - James Brown

Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson

JIM

That's Fat Jack - Jimmie Lee & Artis

Boot Hill - Curley Page

Down On the Farm - Al Franklin Combo

Death Comes Knocking - National Harmonizers

She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff

RICK

Don't Take Your Love From Me - Calvanes

Magic Kiss - Keystoners

People Will Say We're In Love - Spaniels

Walking Along - Solitaires

My Girl Friend - Cadillacs

Roger Ford
2021-04-01 19:00:02 UTC
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!
Which vaccine are you having?

I had my first AstraZeneca jab back in January I'm due the second in
the middle of this month

2021-04-01 20:08:39 UTC
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!
Which vaccine are you having?
I had my first AstraZeneca jab back in January I'm due the second in
the middle of this month
Bruce had the Pfizer shot, will get the 2nd one in 3 weeks. I had the
Moderna shot, got the 2nd one 4 weeks later. The A-Z shot isn't
approved here yet, but millions of doses are being warehoused waiting
for approval. I don't know anyone who's had the "one and done" Johnson
& Johnson shot yet. When I meet up with my other old biddy friends in
the park that's all we talk about, swapping vaccine stories!
DianeE
2021-04-01 20:13:47 UTC
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!
Which vaccine are you having?
I had my first AstraZeneca jab back in January I'm due the second in
the middle of this month
Bruce had the Pfizer shot, will get the 2nd one in 3 weeks.  I had the
Moderna shot, got the 2nd one 4 weeks later.  The A-Z shot isn't
approved here yet, but millions of doses are being warehoused waiting
for approval.  I don't know anyone who's had the "one and done" Johnson
& Johnson shot yet.  When I meet up with my other old biddy friends in
the park that's all we talk about, swapping vaccine stories!
------------
I still remember when the polio vaccine came out in the 1950s, they
lined us all up in the school auditorium and jabbed us one after
another. Outside of a few religious sects there was no such thing as an
"anti-vaxxer" back then. It was unheard-of.
Jim Colegrove
2021-04-01 20:20:59 UTC
[...]
I tell that story to people who aren't old enough to remember it. You
are so right about the no anti-vaxxers. If they were around you sure
didn't hear about them.

I got the Pfizer. I know at least two people that got the J&J.
Steve Mc
2021-04-01 20:31:51 UTC
[...]
I got mine on a sugar cube. No shot.

2021-04-01 21:28:28 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
-----------
So you must be a few years younger than me. The original "Salk" vaccine
was a shot, then a couple of years later they came out with the "Sabin"
vaccine which was oral, and they lined us up a second time and gave us a
small amount of sweetened liquid in a paper cup. The sugar cube must be
a California thing. :)
Steve Mc
2021-04-01 22:05:40 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
I dunno. Maybe it was. I think we're
both 1948. You in February and me in September.

2021-04-02 02:59:44 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
You're right about the timing. I got the Salk injection in 1955 or
1956. Later it was on the cube. I know I got that in 1964 when I was
in the military.
DianeE
2021-04-01 20:15:19 UTC
What a great batch of songs this month! This tournament has really
gotten a <groan> shot in the arm!
Post by ***@aol.com
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!
The tournament will commence tomorrow. Thanks to the new rules we have several heavyweight items in contention.
MARK
Dearest Darling - Bo Diddley
http://youtu.be/svdFiJ21D68
Don’t Dog Me - Cyde McPhatter
http://youtu.be/5d-PJqtNyXI
Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
http://youtu.be/zyJaTwIkobM
Maybe Tomorrow -Everly Brothers
http://youtu.be/N8HwxnytJwU
Grandpa Stole My Baby - Roy Brown
http://youtu.be/zrayzauQjwg
BRUCE
Let's Have Some Fun - Slim Saunders
http://youtu.be/07X6E8jg7aw
Just A Litle Walk - Bobby Marchan
http://youtu.be/edwA0lFdX5U
Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee
http://youtu.be/5_PAe57X5Qk
High Low Jack - Buddy Lucas
http://youtu.be/RSVUgzC9Nzw
You're Gonna Cry - Spaniels
http://youtu.be/Uhc5FZxZ5Yg
ROGER
She's Tough - Jerry McCain
http://youtu.be/Q-DyDskYmzk
To Be Loved (Forever) - The Pentagons
http://youtu.be/G0ssmecGOMk
Tell The Truth - Ray Charles
http://youtu.be/AKq-HC0WyZs
A Good Man - Irma Thomas
http://youtu.be/GkAArS-Ye4o
Darling Honey Angel Child - Earl King
http://youtu.be/HwqTJb81c0w
STEVE
School Of Rock 'N' Roll - Gene Summers
http://youtu.be/v51OU8Iwb3E
Hush Hush - Jimmy Reed
http://youtu.be/nj9KjKSaDPo
Lipstick Powder & Paint - Joe Turner
http://youtu.be/o9beo6mlDqA
I'm A Little Mixed Up - Betty James
http://youtu.be/bpoq5YwFW4I
Any Way You Want Me - Elvis Presley
http://youtu.be/m8kQs91fj-w
CARL
Gene Chandler - Rainbow - Gene Chandler
http://youtu.be/rtKBTmn-Fac
Bobby Bland - Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
http://youtu.be/s-RoP05BdC4
The Rains Came - Big Sambo & The House Wreckers
http://youtu.be/SpsCnIe7eJs
Hully Gully Callin' Time - The Jive Five
http://youtu.be/gwUzY0lFLvY
You Shook Me - Muddy Waters
http://youtu.be/SgAPHNgHJdw
DIANE
ABC's Of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
http://youtu.be/5X9Ezh8EbOQ
Stand By Me - Guitar Slim
http://youtu.be/BGtkaEQgNvU
A Woman, A Lover, A Friend - Jackie Wilson
http://youtu.be/gloRoEE8Owc
Chonnie-On-Chon - James Brown
http://youtu.be/onQ-R8a1xAk
Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson
http://youtu.be/_UXyQ-BtKpY
JIM
That's Fat Jack - Jimmie Lee & Artis
http://youtu.be/UwBAk6pi2Os
Boot Hill - Curley Page
http://youtu.be/z3OieREefWc
Down On the Farm - Al Franklin Combo
http://youtu.be/iMaZ4YsJHYE
Death Comes Knocking - National Harmonizers
http://youtu.be/AFyVtX_MgiE
She's My Baby - Jimmy Huff
http://youtu.be/b2alhpFLELo
RICK
Don't Take Your Love From Me - Calvanes
http://youtu.be/fRe5wGGBzLc
Magic Kiss - Keystoners
http://youtu.be/qCXyms1Fav4
People Will Say We're In Love - Spaniels
http://youtu.be/dzZhsPLC5_U
Walking Along - Solitaires
http://youtu.be/aCAQ6Z9Brt4
My Girl Friend - Cadillacs
http://youtu.be/ZnaTWXFJFT0
Roger Ford
2021-04-02 06:49:37 UTC
What a great batch of songs this month! This tournament has really
gotten a <groan> shot in the arm!
Easily the strongest group of contenders in any contest so far

Many,many here are capable of winning this one

2021-04-02 10:39:17 UTC
What a great batch of songs this month! This tournament has really
gotten a <groan> shot in the arm!
Easily the strongest group of contenders in any contest so far
Many,many here are capable of winning this one
And my favorite record in this contest is NOT one of mine

2021-04-03 02:45:37 UTC
*-* On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, at 06:13:21 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article <3852a3c2-f80d-4165-b1f1-***@googlegroups.com>,
*-* ***@aol.com wrote
*-* About Re: Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - April 2021
Post by ***@aol.com
Okay, it's a new month. I am getting my first vaccination today!
I got my second one (Moderna) Tuesday.
Post by ***@aol.com
The tournament will commence tomorrow. Thanks to the new rules we
have several heavyweight items in contention.
MARK
Dearest Darling - Bo Diddley
http://youtu.be/svdFiJ21D68
Don’t Dog Me - Cyde McPhatter
http://youtu.be/5d-PJqtNyXI
That should be *Clyde* McPhatter.

[ ... ]
Post by ***@aol.com
CARL
Gene Chandler - Rainbow - Gene Chandler
http://youtu.be/rtKBTmn-Fac
Bobby Bland - Yield Not To Temptation - Bobby Bland
http://youtu.be/s-RoP05BdC4
You only need the artists' names once per entry.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)