#1 HITS (GRADED) - 1962
2018-11-27 20:03:50 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the later years still to come.So here goes with.....

1962

The Twist Chubby Checker 7
Peppermint Twist Joey Dee & Starliters 5
Duke Of Earl Gene Chandler 9
Hey! Baby Bruce Channel 8
Don't Break The Heart That Loves You Connie Francis 3
Johnny Angel Shelley Fabares 3
Good Luck Charm Elvis Presley 7
Soldier Boy Shirelles 5
Stranger On The Shore Mr. Acker Bilk 6
I Can't Stop Loving You Ray Charles 8
The Stripper David Rose 3
Roses Are Red Bobby Vinton 3
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do Neil Sedaka 6
The Loco-Motion Little Eva 6
Sheila Tommy Roe 7
Sherry Four Seasons 7
Monster Mash Bobby 'Boris' Pickett 6
He's A Rebel Crystals 7
Big Girls Don't Cry Four Seasons 7
Telstar Tornados 5

(based on Billboard Hot Hundred charts)

2018-11-27 20:42:54 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the later years still to come.So here goes with.....
1962
The Twist Chubby Checker 7 (8)
Peppermint Twist Joey Dee & Starliters 5 (8)
Duke Of Earl Gene Chandler 9 (9)
Hey! Baby Bruce Channel 8 (8)
Don't Break The Heart That Loves You Connie Francis 3 (3)
Johnny Angel Shelley Fabares 3 (2)
Good Luck Charm Elvis Presley 7 (7)
Soldier Boy Shirelles 5 (6)
Stranger On The Shore Mr. Acker Bilk 6 (6)
I Can't Stop Loving You Ray Charles 8 (8)
The Stripper David Rose 3 (6)
Roses Are Red Bobby Vinton 3 (6)
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do Neil Sedaka 6 (6)
The Loco-Motion Little Eva 6 (7)
Sheila Tommy Roe 7 (8)
Sherry Four Seasons 7 (5)
Monster Mash Bobby 'Boris' Pickett 6 (8)
He's A Rebel Crystals 7 (7)
Big Girls Don't Cry Four Seasons 7 (4)
Telstar Tornados 5 (4)