Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - June - Cusp Edition (1960-1963) - Round 2 - Group 3
2019-06-18 14:37:09 UTC

2019-06-18 14:38:16 UTC

2019-06-18 15:34:28 UTC

2019-06-18 14:38:44 UTC

2019-06-18 14:51:42 UTC

2019-06-18 14:48:02 UTC
2019-06-18 15:32:47 UTC
2019-06-18 15:35:55 UTC

2019-06-18 16:02:07 UTC
2019-06-18 16:33:47 UTC

2019-06-18 17:57:37 UTC
2019-06-18 22:19:53 UTC
2019-06-18 22:30:20 UTC
1. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers
2. Stop Your Crying - Five Keys
3. New Kind of Love - Willie Harper
4. Somebody Have Mercy - Sam Cooke
Dennis C
2019-06-18 23:08:38 UTC
Bam!

That's the rightful ranking, Frankie baby!!!

Good job!!
DianeE
2019-06-18 23:35:45 UTC
Bam!
That's the rightful ranking, Frankie baby!!!
Good job!!
--------
I thought the spell was broken, but this group and the last group Frank
and I voted the same way.
OleManRiver
This Magic Moment!
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 13:00:04 UTC
Still no ballot from Jim, I just emailed him.
Dennis C
2019-06-19 13:43:44 UTC
The fate of a couple kf records must be haging in the balance!!

It's all up to Colegrove, baby!!!
Jim Colegrove
2019-06-19 14:04:03 UTC
1. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers

2. New Kind of Love - Willie Harper

3. Stop Your Crying - Five Keys

4.Somebody Have Mercy - Sam Cooke
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 14:21:01 UTC
Jim's ballot was a surprise as he had the Staples last and Cooke second in the prior round.

FINAL RANKINGS

1. Stop Your Crying - Five Keys - 37
2. Let's Go Home - Staple Singers - 31

3. Somebody Have Mercy - Sam Cooke - 28
4. New Kind of Love - Willie Harper - 24

The Keys and Staples move on. Sam and Willie are out.
Dennis C
2019-06-19 14:47:49 UTC
Hahahah!

Colegrove brings the Staples and 5 Keys through!!

Gotta be that great singing!!

When you get the time Jimmy, try to elucidate the differences in great voices and great singing, baby!!
Bill B
2019-06-19 19:09:12 UTC
Jim's ballot was a surprise as he had the Staples last and Cooke second in the prior round.
Not as big a surprise as his voting his own nomination fourth in an earlier group.

At least his selections are an indication that he listens to all the nominations each round. I suspect some just refer to their previous ratings.
SavoyBG
2019-06-19 19:29:05 UTC
Jim's ballot was a surprise as he had the Staples last and Cooke second in the prior round.
Not as big a surprise as his voting his own nomination fourth in an earlier group.
I've done that a couple of times already including on my one song that won the contest, in the finals.
On the other hand, if his opinion can really change that much from a couple of days prior then something is wrong.
Bill B
Were the Staples and the Cooke facing each other in that prior round? If they were up against other entries, there is no apparent opinion change.
SavoyBG

Staples were in Group 5 and Cooke was in Group 7.
Jim Colegrove
2019-06-20 04:00:06 UTC
Post by Bill B
At least his selections are an indication that he listens to all the nominations each round. I suspect some just refer to their previous ratings.
On the other hand, if his opinion can really change that much from a couple of days prior then something is wrong.
Maybe I just got in a hurry voting at the last minute. I really wasn't
paid to change my vote despite rumors.