It Did Not Take Long Before Someone Ripped Off "The Flying Saucer."
2020-02-05 19:38:11 UTC

2020-02-06 12:41:05 UTC
http://youtu.be/6Jm5d4kQ7SA
Technically there were at least three other "break-in" records out
after "The Flying Saucer" but before the "Marty" record---but none of
these use the real records.

They were Sid Noel's straight cover of the Buchanan & Goodman record,
on Aladdin,Alan Freed's "The Space Man" on Coral and Dave Barry & Sara
Berner's "Out Of This World With Flying Saucers" on RPM.All used legit
song snippets but none by the original artists.

And all three of them stink

So yes I believe that "Marty On Planet Mars" WAS the first break-in
record after "The Flying Saucer" to use snippets of the REAL records.

Novelty Records even took out an ad in Billboard to promote the record
adding the solemn warning

"5,000 Dollars reward for arrest and conviction of anyone bootlegging
this record"

2020-02-07 09:01:17 UTC
*-* On Thu, 06 Feb 2020, at 12:41:05 GMT,
*-* In Article <***@news.virginmedia.com>,
*-* Roger Ford wrote
*-* About Re: It Did Not Take Long Before Someone Ripped Off "The
Flying Saucer."
http://youtu.be/6Jm5d4kQ7SA
[ ... ]
Post by Roger Ford
Novelty Records even took out an ad in Billboard to promote the
record adding the solemn warning
"5,000 Dollars reward for arrest and conviction of anyone
bootlegging this record"
That ad can be seen at <http://www.45cat.com/record/nc273458us>.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)