#1 HITS (GRADED) - 1955
2018-11-27 16:54:31 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....

1955

Let Me Go Lover Joan Weber 1
Hearts Of Stone Fontane Sisters 4
Sincerely McGuire Sisters 4
The Ballad Of Davy Crockett Bill Hayes 4
Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White Perez Prado 6
Rock Around The Clock Bill Haley & Comets 9
The Yellow Rose Of Texas Mitch Miller 6
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Four Aces 4
Autumn Leaves Roger Williams 3
Sixteen Tons Tennessee Ernie Ford 8

(based on Billboard best sellers chart)

2018-11-27 18:15:50 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....
1955
Let Me Go Lover Joan Weber 1 (5)
Hearts Of Stone Fontane Sisters 4 (6)
Sincerely McGuire Sisters 4 (2)
The Ballad Of Davy Crockett Bill Hayes 4 (5)
Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White Perez Prado 6 (7)
Rock Around The Clock Bill Haley & Comets 9 (9)
The Yellow Rose Of Texas Mitch Miller 6 (7)
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Four Aces 4 (0)
Autumn Leaves Roger Williams 3 (1)
Sixteen Tons Tennessee Ernie Ford 8 (9)
Roger Ford
2018-11-27 18:28:51 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....
1955
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Four Aces 4 (0)
I like the song but sadly every version is by a bad singer or group

Didn't Sinatra do it?
Roger Ford
2018-11-27 18:51:42 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....
1955
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Four Aces 4 (0)
I like the song but sadly every version is by a bad singer or group
Didn't Sinatra do it?
Yes I forgot it's on a later Reprise LP it's ok.

Better by Nat Cole he had it out in 1955 too