"My Top 5 White Doo-Wop" (from 2003, Dean)
2021-01-19 17:07:06 UTC
Perhaps tastes have changed and/or we have discovered more records to choose from.

Top 5 White Doo-Wop - 2003

Dean:
1. BELIEVE ME - The Skyliners
2. I WONDER WHY - Dion & The Belmonts
3. NEVER LET YOU GO - The Five Discs {mostly white}

4. UNCHAINED MELODY - Vito & The Salutations

5. SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOU - The Skyliners

Geoff:
1 Dion & Belmonts - I Wonder Why

{TV show, great video}
2 Lenny Dean And The Rockin' Chairs - Memories Of Love

3 Capris - Indian Girl

4 Mystics - Hushabye
{hi-fi stereo}
5 Ly-Dells - Wizard Of Love {in retrospect not a good choice for top 5}

Roger:
1. I Wonder Why - Dion & The Belmonts
2. Since I Don't Have You - The Skyliners
3. Where Or When - Dion & The Belmonts

4. Tonite Tonite - The Mello-Kings {1st white doo-wop of note?}

5. There's A Moon Out Tonight - The Capris

Bruce:
1-I Wonder Why - Dion & Belmonts
2-Remember Then - Earls

3-Tonight, Tonight - Mello Kings
4-Morse Code Of Love - Capris

4-Teenager In Love - Dion & Belmonts

"Rare White Doo-Wops" {each an hour long, up to 30 songs}:

2021-01-19 20:35:54 UTC
Did I not contribute to this thread at the time?

BTW "Wizard of Love" is admittedly a dumb record, but it was a big hit
here in NYC and I remember it with fond nostalgia.
bbug
2021-01-19 20:56:34 UTC
Did I not contribute to this thread at the time?
BTW "Wizard of Love" is admittedly a dumb record, but it was a big hit
here in NYC and I remember it with fond nostalgia.
If we are talking white leads, I'd find room for both "Tell Me Why" by the Rob Roys and "Sixteen Candles" by the Crests.

If not:
Tonite Tonite Mello-Kings
Have You Heard- Duprees
Angel Face Neons
Since I Don't Have You Skyliners
Baby Come Back To Me Manhattan Transfer
Sav...@aol.com
2021-01-19 21:58:57 UTC
You like this better than the Capris version???
bbug
2021-01-19 22:51:20 UTC
Yes I do, but that's probably due in part to nostalgia. I still remember hearing this version first, while having breakfast in Lake Placid, NY with my family. It knocked me out!
RWC
2021-01-20 03:47:30 UTC
Did I not contribute to this thread at the time?
If you did, it has now gone from the server.
Not only did I not see anything in the Google Groups thread,
but I also searched Agent for: diane and top and white
with no relevant success (change the name, eg to roger or bruce,
and all the Top 5 lists I posted are found)

It looks like "Top 5 xxx" was a popular theme at the time :-)
RWC
2021-01-20 04:32:23 UTC
It looks like "Top 5 xxx" was a popular theme at the time :-)
Doris Day
Roy Orbison
Bill Haley
Link Wray
Duane Eddy
Jack Scott
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
Charles Mingus
Rivieras
Nat 'King' Cole
Tommy Edwards
Ricky Nelson
Richard Dyer-Bennet {folk music}
DianeE
2021-01-20 11:39:12 UTC
Did I not contribute to this thread at the time?
If you did, it has now gone from the server.
Not only did I not see anything in the Google Groups thread,
but I also searched Agent for: diane and top and white
with no relevant success (change the name, eg to roger or bruce,
and all the Top 5 lists I posted are found)
-------------
Now I remember, I used to type "x-no-archive" at the beginning of all my
posts. I guess it worked...until it didn't.
Ken Whiton
2021-01-21 03:58:29 UTC
*-* On Wed, 20 Jan 2021, at 06:39:12 -0500,
*-* In Article <zDUNH.40483$***@fx43.iad>,
*-* DianeE wrote
*-* About Re: "My Top 5 White Doo-Wop" (from 2003, Dean)
Did I not contribute to this thread at the time?
You posted a couple of replies to other posts, but if you
contributed a list it's not showing on my server.
If you did, it has now gone from the server.
Not only did I not see anything in the Google Groups thread,
but I also searched Agent for: diane and top and white
with no relevant success (change the name, eg to roger or bruce,
and all the Top 5 lists I posted are found)
The four you posted are the only ones showing on my server, too.
Now I remember, I used to type "x-no-archive" at the beginning of
all my posts. I guess it worked...until it didn't.
You weren't using "x-no-archive" then. I checked the headers of
both the posts I mentioned above and neither one included it. That
means that if you had posted a list Google Groups should have it.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Dean F.
2021-01-21 00:32:21 UTC
Perhaps tastes have changed and/or we have discovered more records to choose from.
Top 5 White Doo-Wop - 2003
1. BELIEVE ME - The Skyliners
2. I WONDER WHY - Dion & The Belmonts
3. NEVER LET YOU GO - The Five Discs {mostly white}
http://youtu.be/AIFz56r9DBo
4. UNCHAINED MELODY - Vito & The Salutations
http://youtu.be/dHwDeGDkEFk
5. SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOU - The Skyliners
These days, I'd rank "I Wonder Why" at #1.