"If It's a Crime" by the Larks - finally, a glitch-free copy!
2020-03-02 05:47:42 UTC
When Relic released its Larks LPs in 1988, "If It's a Crime" had a glitch near the beginning. When Eugene Mumford sings "falling in love with you," there's a skip during "in love." It bugged the crap out of me for 32 years.

Well, guess what? I finally tracked down a copy without that damned glitch. Now I can die happy!
RWC
2020-03-03 01:08:16 UTC
When Relic released its Larks LPs in 1988, "If It's a Crime" had a glitch near the beginning. When Eugene Mumford sings "falling in love with you," there's a skip during "in love." It bugged the crap out of me for 32 years.
Well, guess what? I finally tracked down a copy without that damned glitch. Now I can die happy!
Yes, my copy, obtained c. Dec 2002, has that glitch, at c. 0:10.

A direct recording from a 78, with "love" not skipped:

YT followed up with:
The Larks - Let's Say A Prayer - 1951 [Apollo 1184, NYC] (a bright copy from a
45rpm red wax second+ pressing) - the b-side of "My Reverie."

then, the uptempo (kinda rockin' gospel)
Rockin' In The Rocket Room [Lloyds 108, NYC] w. Bobby Smith & Orch.

DianeE
2020-03-03 02:34:13 UTC
http://youtu.be/rgYL70eiJac
http://youtu.be/QItUFhJ98-g
then, the uptempo (kinda rockin' gospel)
Rockin' In The Rocket Room [Lloyds 108, NYC] w. Bobby Smith & Orch.
http://youtu.be/LhrkTK8toZg
Between 1951 and 1954 same lead singer two different groups.