Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - January - Semi-Finals - Group 1
2020-01-22 14:07:44 UTC

Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie

Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin

Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown

Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair

SavoyBG
2020-01-22 14:08:11 UTC

1. Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown
2. Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin
3. Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie
4. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
Jim Colegrove
2020-01-22 17:08:53 UTC
1. Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin

2. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair

3. Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie

4. Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown
DianeE
2020-01-22 14:10:25 UTC
1-Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie
2-Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair
3-Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin
4-Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown
Steve Mc
2020-01-22 15:06:06 UTC
1- Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair

2- Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown

3- Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie

4- Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin

2020-01-22 14:27:17 UTC
http://youtu.be/cvJcXkvRM-8
http://youtu.be/Ph9Bwof4Blc
http://youtu.be/kllZc1S_FMc
http://youtu.be/Wyx7xUMjwEE
OleManRiver
2020-01-22 14:35:00 UTC
Mark Dintenfass
2020-01-22 15:55:52 UTC
Dennis C
2020-01-22 16:12:17 UTC
1- Young Jessie

2- Jimmy McCracklin

3- Sunny Blair

4- Gatemouth
Carl
2020-01-22 20:48:33 UTC
RANKINGS

4. Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie
SavoyBG
2020-01-22 21:07:30 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Mark's ballot

Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin - 33
Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie - 28

Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair - 28
Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown - 21

Jim's McCracklin rocker takes the group, with Diane's Young Jessie edging Roger's Sunny Blair with a 6-5 tie breaker. Dsepite my first place ranking, Carl's Gatemouth was last.

McCracklin winning this group bodes well for Diane's Blue Dots record, which easily beat the McCracklin in the last round.
SavoyBG
2020-01-22 21:10:39 UTC

1. Rockin' All Day - Jimmy McCracklin - 33
2. Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie - 28

3. Please Send My Baby Back - Sunny Blair - 28
4. Gate's Salty Blues - Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown - 21