Dave Bartholomew, 100
2019-06-23 16:01:54 UTC
https://www.wwltv.com/amp/article/obits/dave-bartholomew-rock-n-roll-pioneer-and-trumpeter-dies-at-age-100/289-9849ecc5-27c7-49ae-80c1-7d1a55b0d1a4
Mark Dintenfass
2019-06-23 17:08:34 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
https://www.wwltv.com/amp/article/obits/dave-bartholomew-rock-n-roll-pioneer-a
nd-trumpeter-dies-at-age-100/289-9849ecc5-27c7-49ae-80c1-7d1a55b0d1a4
I had no idea he was still among us. A true pioneer. RIP
2019-06-24 01:24:56 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
https://www.wwltv.com/amp/article/obits/dave-bartholomew-rock-n-roll-pioneer-and-trumpeter-dies-at-age-100/289-9849ecc5-27c7-49ae-80c1-7d1a55b0d1a4
------------
As I've mentioned before, Bruce and I met him in 2003 when he was
playing in the Preservation Hall jazz band. At that time he told us he
was 83 years old. In the great tradition of Muddy Waters, he made
himself 2 years younger than he actually was.

Much to my annoyance I can no longer find the youtube clip from the TV
series "Treme" where Dave Bartholomew, then 90 or 92 years old, took a
trumpet solo.
Roger Ford
2019-06-24 12:50:36 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
https://www.wwltv.com/amp/article/obits/dave-bartholomew-rock-n-roll-pioneer-and-trumpeter-dies-at-age-100/289-9849ecc5-27c7-49ae-80c1-7d1a55b0d1a4
------------
As I've mentioned before, Bruce and I met him in 2003 when he was
playing in the Preservation Hall jazz band. At that time he told us he
was 83 years old. In the great tradition of Muddy Waters, he made
himself 2 years younger than he actually was.
Much to my annoyance I can no longer find the youtube clip from the TV
series "Treme" where Dave Bartholomew, then 90 or 92 years old, took a
trumpet solo.
I'm waiting to pick up the complete DVD collection of "Treme" at a
reasonable price. The whole series DID show on TV here but with huge
gaps between the last two seasons shows (sadly it never attained
decent ratings over here)

But at least we got to see it here---unlike the "Sun Records" series
that STILL has not graced UK screens :-(

R.I.P Dave Bartholomew and thanks for all the GREAT music!!

2019-06-24 13:26:49 UTC
I'm waiting to pick up the complete DVD collection of "Treme" at a
reasonable price. The whole series DID show on TV here but with huge
gaps between the last two seasons shows (sadly it never attained
decent ratings over here)
Is $95.96, down from $134.99, reasonable?

https://www.amazon.com/Treme-Complete-BD-Blu-ray-Various/dp/B00FRIMJG8/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=treme&qid=1561382626&s=movies-tv&sr=1-4
Roger Ford
2019-06-24 13:49:37 UTC
I'm waiting to pick up the complete DVD collection of "Treme" at a
reasonable price. The whole series DID show on TV here but with huge
gaps between the last two seasons shows (sadly it never attained
decent ratings over here)
Is $95.96, down from $134.99, reasonable?
No

$95 currently = about £74 (plus possible duty added if it ships from
USA)

Amazon UK has it for £39.99 so I guess I'll go for that