narkive is for sale. Interested? (dismiss)
Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - May - Round 2 - Group 2
2020-05-19 12:44:01 UTC

2020-05-19 12:44:27 UTC

2020-05-19 13:37:13 UTC

2020-05-19 13:23:41 UTC

2020-05-19 14:05:23 UTC
2020-05-19 14:11:16 UTC

2020-05-19 14:19:01 UTC

2020-05-19 14:48:40 UTC
2020-05-19 15:29:47 UTC
2020-05-19 16:28:53 UTC
1. Down - Marveliers
2. Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe
3. That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard
4. It Must Have Been Love - Earl King
SavoyBG
2020-05-19 17:13:39 UTC

1. Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe - 28
2. Down - Marveliers - 24

3. That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard - 20
4. It Must Have Been Love - Earl King - 18

Carl and Jim join Diane and Roger with a record in the ELITE EIGHT. Me and Diane finish third and fourth here and our items are out.
RWC
2020-05-20 05:51:49 UTC
Down - Marveliers
http://youtu.be/x385ULlwgUg
That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard
http://youtu.be/YtTKD_tUpx8
Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe
http://youtu.be/fWUFx51A_so
It Must Have Been Love - Earl King
http://youtu.be/6F06bOSFPNU
*** I hope all voters listen to all candidates several times, and,
like me, imagine they are choosing for a personal "desert island"
situation. ***
Roger Ford
2020-05-20 08:44:05 UTC
Down - Marveliers
http://youtu.be/x385ULlwgUg
That's Why I Cry - Varetta Dillard
http://youtu.be/YtTKD_tUpx8
Hurt My Feelings - Morris Pejoe
http://youtu.be/fWUFx51A_so
It Must Have Been Love - Earl King
http://youtu.be/6F06bOSFPNU
*** I hope all voters listen to all candidates several times, and,
like me, imagine they are choosing for a personal "desert island"
situation. ***
Thanks Geoff we really appreciate you telling us how we should be
listening to these records and how we should be casting our votes.

I really don't know where we'd be without your guidance

2020-05-20 10:27:09 UTC
Broke, busted and can't be trusted?
RWC
2020-05-20 16:59:46 UTC
Thanks Geoff we really appreciate you telling us how we should be
listening to these records and how we should be casting our votes.
I really don't know where we'd be without your guidance
Broke, busted and can't be trusted?
In more detail, for brothers like Roger, who after insightful
reflection, has bravely admitted that he needs guidance:

When listening to a record 'several times', it's okay to re-listen to
significant *snippets*.

First, imagine you can take only *one* of the four (or whatever)
records to a desert island, *** and there are no other newsgroup
members on that island... ***. Make your selection.

Then, imagine the rule has changed. You can now take *two* records to
this desert island...

Yoda
Dennis C
2020-05-20 13:19:37 UTC
Even the absentees are voting Marveliers #1 !!

Glad you all are quarantining since a salient symptom of Covid is lack of taste, baby!!
RWC
2020-05-20 19:45:52 UTC
Even the absentees are voting Marveliers #1 !!
Glad you all are quarantining since a salient symptom of Covid is lack of taste, baby!!
We appreciate your candour, Dennis, but ironically *your* taste is
somewhat questionable regarding the Marveliers.

DianeE
2020-05-20 13:35:38 UTC
Down - Marveliers
http://youtu.be/x385ULlwgUg
-----------------------
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!
RWC
2020-05-20 16:08:13 UTC
Thanks Geoff we really appreciate you telling us how we should be
listening to these records and how we should be casting our votes.
I really don't know where we'd be without your guidance
-----------------------
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!
No, wait a second, the linesman has his flag up... Raj was offside!

How do you say that in Spanish?
Dennis C
2020-05-20 16:47:56 UTC
Make that German!!!
Bundisliga's the only game in town, baby!!!
DianeE
2020-05-20 16:57:47 UTC
Thanks Geoff we really appreciate you telling us how we should be
listening to these records and how we should be casting our votes.
I really don't know where we'd be without your guidance
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!
No, wait a second, the linesman has his flag up... Raj was offside!
How do you say that in Spanish?
Estaba afuera de juego. But I don't think he was.