Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - May - Round 1 - Group 5
2019-05-13 03:52:08 UTC

In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys

Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker

Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers

Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy

SavoyBG
2019-05-13 03:56:24 UTC

1. Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers
2. Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker
3. Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy
4. In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys
Steve Mc
2019-05-13 05:20:57 UTC
1. Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy

2. Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker

3. Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers

4. In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys

This is unusual--so far you're the only one who ranked "Johnny Mae" first.
SavoyBG
Not really. I clearly have the best taste in the group and you folks are lucky that I am willing to lower myself and pal around here with all of these novices.
SavoyBG
2019-05-13 13:53:47 UTC

1. Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy - 34
2. Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers - 30

3. Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker - 29
4. In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys - 27

A furious race for the second spot is won by the Blues Rockers as they edge Hooker out thanks to Mark ranking them one slot higher than Hooker. The Blind Boys also lost their way and are done. Topsy wins the group.
Carl
2019-05-13 04:06:36 UTC
I think I voted 3 of these #1 in the prelims. Unfortunate that one maybe two will be eliminated

Little Wheel
Aw Shucks
Johnnie Mae
In The Wilderness
Roger Ford
2019-05-13 04:20:19 UTC
Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy
Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers

2019-05-13 04:36:25 UTC
1. In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys
2. Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers
3. Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker
4. Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy

Hard to decide among the last 3, all pretty good.
DianeE
2019-05-13 06:03:51 UTC
1-Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy
2-Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker
3-Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers
4-In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys
Bob Roman
2019-05-13 09:39:52 UTC
1. Boys
2. Hooker
3. Topsy
4. Rockers

2019-05-13 10:55:03 UTC
1 In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/62Q1BGRHCls
2 Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/3M-wlyIbL7w
3 Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/dDEkeH2x_fo
4 Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker
http://youtu.be/MBsfDXa9SOM
OleManRiver
2019-05-13 11:34:22 UTC
1. Aw Shucks Baby - Tiny Topsy
2. Johnny Mae - Blues Rockers
3. In the Wilderness - The Five Blind Boys
4. Little Wheel - John Lee Hooker
Dennis C
2019-05-13 12:47:50 UTC
1-Hooker