Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March 2021 - Round 1 - Group 6
2021-03-15 10:37:07 UTC
Monday, Ides of March, 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-15 13:48:01 UTC

Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee

It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis

Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim

What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims

Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-15 13:48:33 UTC

1. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
2. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
3. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
4. Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim
Steve Mc
2021-03-15 14:12:44 UTC
1. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis

2. Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim

3. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee

4. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims

2021-03-15 14:14:15 UTC
1-Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
2-What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
3-Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim
4-It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis (Unfortunately, I can't listen to this
without thinking "Wrong version!" It's impossible for me to judge it in
a vacuum.)
Roger Ford
2021-03-15 15:30:41 UTC
4-It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis (Unfortunately, I can't listen to this
without thinking "Wrong version!" It's impossible for me to judge it in
a vacuum.)
There are definitely FOUR different versions of "It'll Be Me" all
recorded at Sun (not neccesarily on the same day :) ----and all of
which appear on the awesome 1982 Jerry Lee Lewis 12 LP Sun box set
.
I believe there's a fifth different again version floating about out
there which sounds like its a Sun track but I don't have any recording
details on it

2021-03-15 15:34:02 UTC
4-It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis (Unfortunately, I can't listen to this
without thinking "Wrong version!" It's impossible for me to judge it in
a vacuum.)
There are definitely FOUR different versions of "It'll Be Me" all
recorded at Sun (not neccesarily on the same day :) ----and all of
which appear on the awesome 1982 Jerry Lee Lewis 12 LP Sun box set
Sam Phillips sure hated wasting tape. :)

2021-03-15 14:28:02 UTC
It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim

Yes, it's the wrong version, but it's still JLL and is plenty good enough.

2021-03-15 14:28:31 UTC
It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis

Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-15 14:59:49 UTC
It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim
1- Herry Lee Lewis

2- Sticks McGhee

3- Frankie Lee Sims

4- Tender Slim
Carl
2021-03-15 15:36:53 UTC
1. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
2. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
Rick Schubert
2021-03-15 16:20:20 UTC
1. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
2. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
3. Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim
4. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-15 16:50:28 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Carl and Roger

1. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims - 27
2. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis - 26

3. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee - 24
4. Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim - 13

Roger's FLS wins the group, one point ahead of Mark's JLL. My Gutter Mind takes third and is out. Jim's TS is out too.
DianeE
2021-03-15 19:14:02 UTC
FINAL RANKINGS - same as Carl and Roger
3. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee - 24
Wow, that's a shock.

Roger Ford
2021-03-15 16:56:33 UTC
Post by Carl
1. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims
2. Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter - Sticks McGhee
3. Don't Cut Out On Me - Tender Slim
4. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis
Rick to the rescue!! :)