Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - April 2021 - FINAL FOUR
2021-04-24 10:31:39 UTC
Sat. April 24 2021
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-24 12:33:46 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.

Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson

The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers

Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee

Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-24 12:34:17 UTC

1. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee
2. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
3. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
4. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson
md

2021-04-24 13:07:01 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson

2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers

3. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee

4. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
Steve Mc
2021-04-24 13:57:57 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson

2. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee

3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis

4. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers

2021-04-24 13:08:23 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson
http://youtu.be/_UXyQ-BtKpY
The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
http://youtu.be/5X9Ezh8EbOQ
Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
http://youtu.be/zyJaTwIkobM
Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee
http://youtu.be/5_PAe57X5Qk
------------
In that order. They're all great, all 10's.
Roger Ford

2021-04-24 14:28:24 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1 Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
2. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson
3. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-04-24 15:11:39 UTC
1- Ricky Nelson

2- Frankie Lymon

3- Sticks McGhee

4- Jerry Lee
Rick Schubert
2021-04-24 18:19:13 UTC
The FINAL FOUR is now open. Please rank these from best to worst.
1. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
4. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-24 20:09:11 UTC

1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson - 25
2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - 23
3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 22
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee - 20

Diane's records take the top 2 spots. Mark does not get that elusive first win and his Jerry Lee ends up third with my Stick McGhee 4th.

This is a shocker for me, with "Waitin' In School" winning.
Roger Ford
2021-04-24 20:14:52 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson - 25
2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - 23
3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 22
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee - 20
Diane's records take the top 2 spots. Mark does not get that elusive first win and his Jerry Lee ends up third with my Stick McGhee 4th.
This is a shocker for me, with "Waitin' In School" winning.
No offence Diane but this is a real gobsmacker

And Ricky does have one of his better records here

But..........

I guess the only consolation is that I won't remember any of this when
I finally wake up

2021-04-24 20:35:01 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson - 25
2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - 23
3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 22
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee - 20
Diane's records take the top 2 spots. Mark does not get that elusive first win and his Jerry Lee ends up third with my Stick McGhee 4th.
This is a shocker for me, with "Waitin' In School" winning.
No offence Diane but this is a real gobsmacker
And Ricky does have one of his better records here
But..........
I guess the only consolation is that I won't remember any of this when
I finally wake up
----------
To me, it's his best record.
And yes, there are a lot of bad ones. And yes, he was a TV actor whose
daddy got him a record deal. But "Waitin' In School" transcends all
that IMO.
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-24 20:37:04 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson - 25
2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - 23
3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 22
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee - 20
Diane's records take the top 2 spots. Mark does not get that elusive first win and his Jerry Lee ends up third with my Stick McGhee 4th.
This is a shocker for me, with "Waitin' In School" winning.
No offence Diane but this is a real gobsmacker
And Ricky does have one of his better records here
But..........
I guess the only consolation is that I won't remember any of this when
I finally wake up
----------
To me, it's his best record.
And yes, there are a lot of bad ones. And yes, he was a TV actor whose
daddy got him a record deal. But "Waitin' In School" transcends all
that IMO.
Here's my favorites by Ricky.

RICKY NELSON
1. Poor Little Fool
2. Be-Bop Baby
3. Stood Up
4. It's Late
5. Believe What You Say (LP Version)
6. Lonesome Town
7. Travelin' Man
8. I'm Walkin'
9. Hello Mary Lou
10. Never Be Anyone Else But You
11. Waitin' In School
12. I'm In Love Again
13. My Rifle, My Pony And Me (Dean Martin)
14. A Long Vacation
15. Garden Party
16. If You Can't Rock Me
17. You Tear Me Up
18. Just A Little Too Much
19. I Got A Feeling
20. Shirley Lee
21. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It
22. Boppin' The Blues
23. Summertime
24. Baby, You Don't Know
25. Young World
md
2021-04-24 21:21:21 UTC
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson - 25
2. The ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - 23
3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis - 22
4. Jungle Juice - Sticks McGhee - 20
Diane's records take the top 2 spots. Mark does not get that elusive firs
win and his Jerry Lee ends up third with my Stick McGhee 4th.
This is a shocker for me, with "Waitin' In School" winning.
No offence Diane but this is a real gobsmacker
You and me both, pal.

2021-04-24 22:34:48 UTC
I told you!!!

That wicked Maphistophelian guitar sorcery carried Rick here in ways that even the great James Burton couldn't conger, baby!!!!