Dennis speaks!
2021-03-19 18:37:03 UTC
Go ahead, D.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-19 19:10:07 UTC
Go ahead, D.
Uh.......
I didn't think you'd do it!!
What a Roy Moss- like hiccup here!!
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-31 14:55:51 UTC
Top 5 Musical Artists name Dennis:

1- Dennis Linde ( He wrote "Burnin Love" and that would be enough but he also penned "Cool Rider" which was sung by a young Michelle Pheifer in one of my filmic guilty pleasures, "Grease II")

2- Dennis Yost ( Fronted that easy pop Classics Four out of Bill Lowrey's very underrated Atlanta studio)

3- Dennis Wilson ( Only true beach boy)

4- Cathy Dennis ( Temendously prolific British singer/songwriter!! Wrote and recorded "Touch Me (all night long), "Too Many Walls", "Just Another Dream" (featuring the great Rick Astley). She wrote " Toxic" for Brittany Spears, "I Kissed a Girl" for Katy Perry, and " Can't Get You Out of My Head" for Kylie Minogue!!

5- Dennis DeYoung- ( Offered the operatic elements to Tommy Shaw's rock notes to STYXX)
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-31 15:01:56 UTC
No Denny Dougherty?
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-31 15:32:52 UTC
No Denny Dougherty?
Least favorite parental foursome in that group!!

Would definitely have Denny Laine but his real name was not Dennis......or Laine for that matter!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-31 15:49:23 UTC
https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-dennis/celebrity-lists
DianeE
2021-03-31 16:31:18 UTC
https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-dennis/celebrity-lists
-----------
In the top 30 I counted 3 MLB pitchers and 2 serial killers!

And it turns out "Dennis Day" was a stage name. He wasn't a real
Dennis. You can breathe a sigh of relief.

I would guess that the most famous Dennis of the 1950s was the
comic-strip and TV character Dennis "The Menace" Mitchell.
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-31 16:44:27 UTC
https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-dennis/celebrity-lists
-----------
In the top 30 I counted 3 MLB pitchers and 2 serial killers!
And it turns out "Dennis Day" was a stage name. He wasn't a real
Dennis. You can breathe a sigh of relief.
I would guess that the most famous Dennis of the 1950s was the
comic-strip and TV character Dennis "The Menace" Mitchell.
Always mystified by the fact that nearly all Major League baseball players of note named Dennis wer pitchers:

McLain
Leonard
Eckersley
Lamp
Martinez

Uncanny!! All pitchers and hardly any other positional players name Dennis!!

I my self in my ballplaying days was never fit to pitch but I could pitch a dit, baby!!
Sav...@aol.com
Is there a manager named Dennis who can match Bruce Bochy?
Dennis C from Tennessee
2021-03-31 17:37:19 UTC
Nope!!
Nor any umpires that could match Bruce Froemming!!!

Dennis only delivers pitches not judgements, baby!!
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-31 20:29:44 UTC
Bruce has the greatest former man who is now a woman!

2021-04-01 01:09:25 UTC
Bruce has the greatest former man who is now a woman!
Or as comedian Jeff Ross put it: "Who transitions at 60? That's like having your dog neutered a week before it dies."
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-01 01:16:00 UTC
Here's an odd one I never heard before, from 1954.

Dean F.
2021-04-01 03:21:20 UTC
Here's an odd one I never heard before, from 1954.
Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Didn't Tab Smith also do an instrumental version of Tony Bennett's "Because of You?"
Sav...@aol.com
2021-04-01 04:25:25 UTC
Yes, a hit. I see I put this in the wrong thread.
Ken Whiton
2021-04-02 01:37:03 UTC
*-* On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, at 12:31:18 -0400,
*-* In Article <st19I.130730$***@fx40.iad>,
*-* DianeE wrote
*-* About Re: Dennis speaks!

[ ... ]
Post by DianeE
I would guess that the most famous Dennis of the 1950s was the
comic-strip and TV character Dennis "The Menace" Mitchell.
I'd go with Dennis Weaver.

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
Sav...@aol.com
2021-03-31 15:53:24 UTC
The Bruce list.

1 - Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Hornsby
Bruce Cockburn
Bruce Dickinson
Bruce Kulick
DianeE
2021-03-31 16:19:44 UTC
The Bruce list.
1 - Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Hornsby
Bruce Cockburn
Bruce Dickinson
Bruce Kulick
-----------
I don't know who the last 2 are, but you know Bruce Willis made records,
right?
DianeE
Ken Whiton
2021-04-02 01:30:53 UTC
*-* On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, at 07:55:51 -0700 (PDT),
*-* In Article <0ed3bf67-4a9b-4dd4-bffa-***@googlegroups.com>,
*-* Dennis C from Tennessee wrote
*-* About Re: Dennis speaks!
Ken/Kenny:

Bill Kenny
Kenny Rogers
OT Kenny Chesney

Kenny Dino

I was going to include Ken Curtis in the second spot but I found
out that Ken wasn't his real name.