Frankie Valli live video
Add Reply
Will Dockery
2018-09-30 01:50:47 UTC
My cousin Lynn is at a Frankie Valli show:

https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
SavoyBG
2018-09-30 02:14:12 UTC
Lucky her.
Will Dockery
2018-09-30 20:35:35 UTC
Looked like a fun show, yes.
SavoyBG
2018-09-30 20:41:41 UTC
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
Roger Ford
2018-10-01 13:11:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.
Looked like a fun show, yes.
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
This negativity re Frankie Valli (who sings on quite a few 60's and
70's things I like as well as putting in sterling acting performances
in both "The Sopranos" and "Witness To The Mob")
when added to the emergence of Scarlotti Mark II recently and the sad
demise of Otis Rush has left me feeling distinctly blue this morning.

I need cheering up.

Remind me of the West Ham/Man U result again.

I have no problem with his acting or with his non-falsetto singing such as on "Can't Take My Eyes Off You." It's his putrid falsetto singing that blows, along with the hokey arrangements on most of his group's hits.
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-10-01 15:30:49 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.
Looked like a fun show, yes.
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
This negativity re Frankie Valli (who sings on quite a few 60's and
70's things I like as well as putting in sterling acting performances
in both "The Sopranos" and "Witness To The Mob")
I have no problem with his acting or with his non-falsetto singing such as on "Can't Take My Eyes Off You." It's his putrid falsetto singing that blows, along with the hokey arrangements on most of his group's hits.
Has this group ever discussed falsetto singers? I like The Four Seasons, their songs, the arrangements, but I agree with Bruce on the shrillness of Valli's falsetto. Similar to Lou Christie who I also like on the whole. Is it fair to say that most of the non-shrill falsettos of that era are black singers and most of their hits were ballads?

Ray
SavoyBG
2018-10-01 16:02:25 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
Has this group ever discussed falsetto singers? I like The Four Seasons, their songs, the arrangements, but I agree with Bruce on the shrillness of Valli's falsetto. Similar to Lou Christie who I also like on the whole. Is it fair to say that most of the non-shrill falsettos of that era are black singers and most of their hits were ballads?
Beyond fair.

Eddie Rich, George Grant, Clyde McPhatter, Frankie Lymon, Russell Tompkins Jr., and many others were great falsetto singers. Even Elvis (on "Blue Moon") had a great falsetto. But most all of the white doo wop groups that had a falsetto lead were awful IMO.
DianeE
2018-10-01 18:09:43 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
Has this group ever discussed falsetto singers? I like The Four Seasons, their songs, the arrangements, but I agree with Bruce on the shrillness of Valli's falsetto. Similar to Lou Christie who I also like on the whole. Is it fair to say that most of the non-shrill falsettos of that era are black singers and most of their hits were ballads?
Beyond fair.
Eddie Rich, George Grant, Clyde McPhatter, Frankie Lymon, Russell Tompkins Jr., and many others were great falsetto singers. Even Elvis (on "Blue Moon") had a great falsetto. But most all of the white doo wop groups that had a falsetto lead were awful IMO.
----------
You can't really call Frankie Lymon a *falsetto* singer. He was a kid.
His voice hadn't changed yet. After it did, he lost his appeal.

Otherwise, I basically agree with you.

However, I intensely disliked some of the black "sweet soul" groups of
the 60s-70s with falsetto leads, namely the Delfonics and the Moments.
SavoyBG
Not me. I liked most of them. The Stylistics were the most successful of them.
Mark Dintenfass
2018-10-01 19:13:30 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
Agreed, but Russell Thompkins seems, as I hear it, to have been a
natural high tenor who only occasionally used falsetto. If it was
falsetto, it's the smoothest, most natural one I've ever heard, except
maybe for Clyde's.
2018-10-02 01:33:42 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
------------
I liked the Stylistics. No wimpy-ass falsetto there. Also liked the
Spinners, Main Ingredient, Blue Magic. Loved Eddie Kendricks's voice
too, don't know if you'd call that falsetto or just a high tenor.
Whoops, and we left out (going back to the 60s) Eddie Holman.
Roger Ford
2018-10-02 04:42:04 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
The Spinners were best when fronted by G.C Cameron as on the best
thing they ever did IMO---Stevie Wonder's song "It's A Shame" in 1970

2018-10-03 00:51:57 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
--------------
Well, um....it probably won't surprise you that this is my favorite
Spinners record:

Roger Ford
2018-10-03 04:44:35 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
http://youtu.be/LrzR5yCLJEQ
Well of course this is a whole different ball game with an (almost)
whole different Spinners--certainly in a whole different groove---on
their very first record in 1961 which I agree is a humdinger too. It's
in my Top 100 for that year
Post by Roger Ford
89..Little Sister Elvis Presley
90. You Can't Sit Down Phil Upchurch Combo
91. How You've Changed (After Marriage Blues) Tiny Topsy
92. That's What Girls Are Made For Spinners
"That's What Girls..." was their first record and was on Harvey
Fuqua's Tri-Phi label (shortly to be bought out completely by Berry
Gordy at Motown). It even appeared over on these shores on the UK
Columbia label (which is how I have my copy :). They got the title
wrong here calling it "That's What Little Girls Are Made For".

https://saveltd.co.uk/the-spinners-thats-what-little-girls-are-made-for---heebie-jeebies-uk-columbia-motown-rarity-motown-spinners-2554-p.asp

Later we got most of their Motown output and of course the whole slew
of their later-still really big sellers on Atlantic. Although they
were "The Spinners" on that early Columbia release they were
invariably called "The Motown Spinners" or "The Detroit Spinners" on
their later records to avoid confusion with the already existing UK
Spinners folk group.

BTW that's Marvin Gaye on drums on your favorite Spinners number :)

2018-10-01 22:25:51 UTC
Did anyone have a natural high range, i. e., tenor to soprano?
I know Roy Orbison didn’t but his songs were constructed so that the transition to falsetto was nearly indistinguishable.

Ray
DianeE
The mayor of Munchkin Land!
Will Dockery
Like you can do better?
Will Dockery
2018-10-23 21:17:52 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.
Looked like a fun show, yes.
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
Like you can do better?
Hello, forger... now I wonder ho you might be?

:)
Bill B
2018-10-23 22:08:03 UTC
He certainly could spell better.
SavoyBG
2018-10-24 01:59:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.
Looked like a fun show, yes.
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
Like you can do better?
Geoff, can you figure out where this phony Dockery is posting from?

I'm thinking it's Pendragon sneaking back into the group.
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-10-24 03:32:25 UTC
A “genuine” musician in Columia, GA.
Facebook bio:
"...Shadowville All-Stars provide the musical canvas for the word paintings of Will Dockery, the Poet Laureate of Shadowville. Individually, we are a dozen-...or-so musical merry pranksters who rotate in and out of the lineup at different venues. Collectively we are The Shadowville All-Stars. Artists who share the stage with us in a live performance become Shadowville All-Stars forever. It's kind of like the Baseball Hall-of-Fame, only you can't get kicked out for gambling..." -Dennis Beck

Have you booked your tickets for his next gig? :)

Has been, meet never was!

Ray
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-10-24 03:52:30 UTC
Columbus, GA
Will Dockery
2018-10-24 10:30:09 UTC
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
A “genuine” musician in Columia, GA.
"...Shadowville All-Stars provide the musical canvas for the word paintings of Will Dockery, the Poet Laureate of Shadowville. Individually, we are a dozen-...or-so musical merry pranksters who rotate in and out of the lineup at different venues. Collectively we are The Shadowville All-Stars. Artists who share the stage with us in a live performance become Shadowville All-Stars forever. It's kind of like the Baseball Hall-of-Fame, only you can't get kicked out for gambling..." -Dennis Beck
Have you booked your tickets for his next gig? :)
Has been, meet never was!
Ray
Yes, that's me... but I can speak for myself, I do not need a forger.

:)
z***@gmail.com
There are no "tickets" to a Will Dockery gig. He attempts to sing second hand music at one open mic a week, tonight in fact. If you are near Columbus Georgia, feel free to stop by Legends to laugh at him or puke into your beer, whichever is applicable. Feel free to do both.
Will Dockery
2018-10-24 18:24:24 UTC
Post by z***@gmail.com
Post by t***@iwvisp.com
[...]
So, you're obsessed with my life and art... I'm sure someone here will point out to you that your personal attacks against me are off topic here.

:)
SavoyBG
Dockery is off topic here to begin with.
Will Dockery
2018-10-25 11:26:29 UTC
Dockery is off topic here to begin with.
I agree with that, Bruce... I'm not here to discuss myself, but rather to discuss 1950s music.
SavoyBG
2018-10-25 12:45:55 UTC
Will, you don't know shit about 1950s music, and anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly understand 50s music. Please go away.
z***@gmail.com
2018-10-25 16:28:51 UTC
Truth
Will Dockery
2018-10-25 17:50:32 UTC
anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly
Jeeze, Bruce, talk about off topic.

;)
Will Dockery
2018-10-29 10:57:42 UTC
anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly
This is how this thread began... you honestly don't like the music and
poetry of Leonard Cohen, Bruce?
b***@gmail.com
2018-11-03 01:15:23 UTC
No, the thread began with you talking about Frankie Valli. Idiot. You started it. Idiot.
Will Dockery
2018-11-07 18:09:47 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly
This is how this thread began... you honestly don't like the music and
poetry of Leonard Cohen, Bruce?
No, the thread began with you talking about Frankie Valli
This is the same thread, forging fool.

:)
z***@gmail.com
Of course it is. Why didn't you start a new one about that Jew Cohen? Can't you stay on topic?
c***@gmail.com
2018-10-26 18:15:46 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Dockery is off topic here to begin with.
I agree with that, Bruce... I'm not here to discuss myself, but rather to discuss 1950s music.
Will, you don't know shit about 1950s music, and anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly understand 50s music. Please go away.
Will, you don't know shit about 1950s music, and anybody who thinks that Leonard Cohen is good cannot possibly understand 50s music. Please go away.
So, I suppose you're saying that you don't think Leonard Cohen is very good?
As with everything, it goes right over your head, Will. What was said is that you are not welcome in the 50's group as you don't know shit about 50's music. Not being a musician, you don't know anything about music anyway. If you did, you wouldn't be proud of the shit you call "songs".
Will Dockery
2018-10-27 16:24:00 UTC
And you somehow expect that your malicious trolling and obsessive forgeries /are/ welcomed?
Dennis C
2018-11-04 22:48:43 UTC
Leonard Cohen sucks but I sort of like this Will feller!! Qith me,Grossberg, and Will, ae can go on the road ad Hickory Dickory Dockery, baby!
z***@gmail.com
2018-11-07 03:50:39 UTC
Outdamnstanding!
SavoyBG
2018-10-25 18:20:53 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Dockery is off topic here to begin with.
I agree with that, Bruce... I'm not here to discuss myself, but rather to discuss 1950s music.
Okay, here's your chance.

What are your 5 favorite records by the Solitaires?
Will Dockery
Who?
Jim Colegrove
2018-10-27 18:28:28 UTC
On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 18:48:25 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Solitaires

b***@gmail.com
What you do is no more artistic than a chimp throwing poo at a canvas. Get over yourself.
Will Dockery
2018-10-27 18:38:01 UTC
Hello, troll...

Since this group is not about me or my art, you're off-topic trying to discuss it.
b***@gmail.com
2018-10-28 06:27:39 UTC
Then you should stop bringing it up. Nobody cares.
Will Dockery
2018-10-29 02:30:51 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Then you should stop bringing it up
I didn't.

If you had read this start of this thread you'd know:

:)
Will Dockery
2018-10-24 18:26:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
Post by SavoyBG
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.
Looked like a fun show, yes.
Frankie Valli sounds like his balls are stuck in a vice.
Like you can do better?
Geoff, can you figure out where this phony Dockery is posting from?
I'm thinking it's Pendragon sneaking back into the group.
Bruce, as I wrote earlier, possibly...

Pendragon does deny it... but (and there always seems to be one) Pen does insist his sockpuppets are independent entities and he also has an ally or two who could easily have stalked me over here to the 1950s music group, and forged posts, that has happened before.

And so it goes.
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-10-24 19:52:59 UTC
Geoff, can you figure out where this phony Dockery is posting from?
I'm thinking it's Pendragon sneaking back into the group.
Bruce, from a different topic Dockery wrote:

Now allow me to spam your group with tons of my terrible YouTube performances and links to my ReverbNation page. I do that in every group until eventually everyone leaves.

He's not Pendragon ... HIS UNI!!! :)

Ray
Will Dockery
2018-10-25 10:50:23 UTC
Whoever it is, it is an impostor forging my name and posting misrepresentations of me.

Just to set the record straight.
Will Dockery
2018-11-02 16:50:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/lynnwhitleynixon/videos/10218014643819658/
Lucky her.

I think so, Frankie Valli remains a top shelf performer even into his...
80s?
Will Dockery
2018-10-27 17:44:53 UTC
Thanks, Jim, for that information, although it was the forger you're responding to, not actually me.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-11-07 20:21:34 UTC
So, you are Anti Semitic as well as a forger, troll?
Dennis C
2018-11-07 20:57:20 UTC
Anti Semitic is married to uncle Ralph, baby!!
b***@gmail.com
2018-11-11 03:40:55 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
So, you are Anti Semitic as well as a forger, troll?
Zod is your friend so of course he is, just like the rest of your white trash redneck friends.