Playlist export ...or
2021-05-29 15:20:18 UTC
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.

I've been trying do duplicate that feature via iTunes, but the only
options are to export it to .txt, .xml, or m3u none of which are clean
enough, because of a lot of the extraneous metadata on all the MP3s.

Having Windows 10, the only 2 programs I have to play MP3s on are
Windows Media Player, and iTunes. I looked at Media Player, but I have
songs on there that I don't want included in the playlist, but the only
option is to delete them from the computer , or the computer and
library, and I don't want to do either.

So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?

Thanks,

2021-05-29 15:43:18 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 08:20:18 -0700, Steve Mc
Post by Steve Mc
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.
I've been trying do duplicate that feature via iTunes, but the only
options are to export it to .txt, .xml, or m3u none of which are clean
enough, because of a lot of the extraneous metadata on all the MP3s.
Having Windows 10, the only 2 programs I have to play MP3s on are
Windows Media Player, and iTunes. I looked at Media Player, but I have
songs on there that I don't want included in the playlist, but the only
option is to delete them from the computer , or the computer and
library, and I don't want to do either.
So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?
Thanks,
Have you tried using Media Monkey? It has some playlist options on it.
I use it for MP3 lists.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/
Sav...@aol.com
2021-05-29 16:50:34 UTC
I still use Musicmatch. You need a computer that used Windows XP for it to work. I have purposely bought 2 used Dell Labtops with XP and big hard drives just so I can use Musicmatch.
RWC
2021-05-29 17:27:43 UTC
Why do you like Musicmatch?
RWC
2021-05-29 18:38:07 UTC
I still use Musicmatch. You need a computer that used Windows XP for it to work. I have purposely bought 2 used Dell Labtops with XP and big hard drives just so I can use Musicmatch.
I've just installed Musicmatch Jukebox on Windows 10.

https://bit.ly/3bYtvOD
Sav...@aol.com
2021-05-29 18:55:01 UTC
Looks different, mine doesn't have that section for playlists.
DianeE
2021-05-29 20:31:13 UTC
I still use Musicmatch. You need a computer that used Windows XP for it to work. I have purposely bought 2 used Dell Labtops with XP and big hard drives just so I can use Musicmatch.
I've just installed Musicmatch Jukebox on Windows 10.
https://bit.ly/3bYtvOD
Looks different, mine doesn't have that section for playlists.
-----
I paid $29 for the lifetime upgrade of Musicmatch but once I got to
Windows 7 it wouldn't work any more. This version that you say works
on Windows 10, where did you download it from?
RWC
2021-05-29 23:41:46 UTC
I've just installed Musicmatch Jukebox on Windows 10.
https://bit.ly/3bYtvOD
I paid $29 for the lifetime upgrade of Musicmatch but once I got to
Windows 7 it wouldn't work any more. This version that you say works
on Windows 10, where did you download it from?
I think it was from here:
https://ccm.net/download/audio-players-15?download_id=5419

note the claim to work with OS Windows 7

it was not a straightforward install but I persevered,
ignoring an error or warning message; I even 'had' to reboot my
computer, with no confirmation that the app had installed; but after
re-boot the app did seem to work; it does play music and you can drag
tracks from Library to Playlists; the image is genuine and shows the
contents of an mp3 folder of mine that has music from the 30s etc
Steve Mc
2021-05-29 19:51:08 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
Thanks, I just downloaded the free version, but it doesn't seem to do
what I'm trying to do, at least I haven't figured it out yet.

2021-05-30 00:56:37 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 12:51:08 -0700, Steve Mc
Thanks, I just downloaded the free version {of MediaMonkey}, but it doesn't seem to do
what I'm trying to do, at least I haven't figured it out yet.
Select tracks from Library or Playlist, right-click, select Copy.
This copy is text, not files, you just need to delete the path and
file extension (.mp3...) from each item to get a list of titles.
An html (or csv) file can be generated after selecting tracks via
File > Create Reports, but there is more info to remove if you just
want file titles.
Steve Mc
2021-05-30 03:08:48 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 12:51:08 -0700, Steve Mc
Thanks, I just downloaded the free version {of MediaMonkey}, but it doesn't seem to do
what I'm trying to do, at least I haven't figured it out yet.
Select tracks from Library or Playlist, right-click, select Copy.
This copy is text, not files, you just need to delete the path and
file extension (.mp3...) from each item to get a list of titles.
An html (or csv) file can be generated after selecting tracks via
File > Create Reports, but there is more info to remove if you just
want file titles.
That doesn't seem to be working for me. In addition to the name, artist
and .mp4, it's adding in an icon for each song.

2021-05-30 04:37:36 UTC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 20:08:48 -0700, Steve Mc
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
On Sat, 29 May 2021 12:51:08 -0700, Steve Mc
Thanks, I just downloaded the free version {of MediaMonkey}, but it doesn't seem to do
what I'm trying to do, at least I haven't figured it out yet.
Select tracks from Library or Playlist, right-click, select Copy.
This copy is text, not files, you just need to delete the path and
file extension (.mp3...) from each item to get a list of titles.
An html (or csv) file can be generated after selecting tracks via
File > Create Reports, but there is more info to remove if you just
want file titles.
That doesn't seem to be working for me. In addition to the name, artist
and .mp4, it's adding in an icon for each song.
That's because you are not pasting, in the first instance, to a plain
text editor like Notepad. Wordpad, for instance, will have the icon
you describe. Agent acts like a plain text editor, the list below has
been pasted directly from MediaMonkey (using Copy).

J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. Parakeets - Love Was a Stranger to Me [Atlas
1075] - 1958.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. Parakeets, Orch. Acc - Silly And Sappy [Atlas
1071;b-side] - 1957.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. Parakeets, Orch. Acc. - Teenage Rose [Atlas
1071;;NYC] - 1957.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna - Dance Marie [Candy 2000;b-side] - 1963.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna - I Won't Be Me Anymore [Tiger 106] - 1963.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. The Angels - I'll Find My Way [Candy 2000] -
1963.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. The Ray Charles Singers - My Life Is In Your
Hands [Carlton 488] - 1958.mp4
J:\1940-5\Vic Donna w. Parakeets - Rosemarie (acapella).mp4
Steve Mc
2021-05-30 04:50:49 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
[...]
Ok, thanks, Got it.

Notepad to Excel to Text to Columns works well, but still a lot more
cumbersome than Winamp generating an HTML playlist, which is what I
really wanted.

2021-05-30 11:04:27 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
[...]
-----------------
Good grief, a Vic Donna playlist! We'll have to let him know he has a
fan in....where did you say you were?
Roger Ford
2021-05-31 13:10:46 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
[...]
Sure you're not mixing him up with Vic Dana? :)
2021-05-31 16:03:28 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
[...]
-----------
When I saw "Vic Dana" I thought "My name Jose Jimenez," but that was
*Bill* Dana. So yes, I am perfectly capable of mixing up similar names.
But we actually are slightly acquainted with the very obscure Vic
Donna, via an old friend of Bruce's who sings with him.

P.S. Do you call your Prime Minister's wife (now that he has one) the
"First Lady?"
Roger Ford
2021-05-31 17:15:26 UTC
Sure you're not mixing him up with Vic Dana? :)
-----------
When I saw "Vic Dana" I thought "My name Jose Jimenez," but that was
*Bill* Dana. So yes, I am perfectly capable of mixing up similar names.
But we actually are slightly acquainted with the very obscure Vic
Donna, via an old friend of Bruce's who sings with him.
I meant Vic Dana the dire 60's pop guy whose big hit was "Red Roses
For A Blue Lady"
Post by DianeE
P.S. Do you call your Prime Minister's wife (now that he has one) the
"First Lady?"
Nope she's the THIRD lady since Boris has been wed twice before

Nobody knows how many children he has---not even Boris

2021-05-31 21:27:30 UTC
Sure you're not mixing him up with Vic Dana? :)
-----------
When I saw "Vic Dana" I thought "My name Jose Jimenez," but that was
*Bill* Dana. So yes, I am perfectly capable of mixing up similar names.
But we actually are slightly acquainted with the very obscure Vic
Donna, via an old friend of Bruce's who sings with him.
I meant Vic Dana the dire 60's pop guy whose big hit was "Red Roses
For A Blue Lady"
-----------
I did know his name, but I thought that particular big hit belonged to
Wayne Newton.
P.S. Do you call your Prime Minister's wife (now that he has one) the
"First Lady?"
Nope she's the THIRD lady since Boris has been wed twice before
----------------
That's what Ivana Trump said about Melania. Really! She did!
--------------------
-------------
We'll find out when he dies, for sure.
Dennis C from Tennessee
Prime Menstruater?
DianeE
EEEEEEEyow!
Roger Ford
2021-06-01 04:49:56 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Post by RWC
[...]
Even over here we are aware how extremely hard these Knoxville
knatives strive for maximum subtlety in their humour

2021-05-29 17:09:03 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe in html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.
So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?
Thanks,
Steve, I'm running Windows 10 with Winamp 5.8.

Winamp is my current fave mp3 player and I use a copy
and paste from its html playlist generator to start a post
in this newsgroup for 'party' etc listings.

I've heard of MediaMonkey before and I've just installed the free
standard version, thanks to Jim's suggestion. I have yet to come
to grips with this seemingly 'non-simple' app.
Steve Mc
2021-05-29 19:49:13 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe in html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.
So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?
Thanks,
Steve, I'm running Windows 10 with Winamp 5.8.
Winamp is my current fave mp3 player and I use a copy
and paste from its html playlist generator to start a post
in this newsgroup for 'party' etc listings.
I've heard of MediaMonkey before and I've just installed the free
standard version, thanks to Jim's suggestion. I have yet to come
to grips with this seemingly 'non-simple' app.
Do you have a safe link for this 5.8 download ?

Thanks,

2021-05-29 20:26:48 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe in html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.
So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?
Thanks,
Steve, I'm running Windows 10 with Winamp 5.8.
Winamp is my current fave mp3 player and I use a copy
and paste from its html playlist generator to start a post
in this newsgroup for 'party' etc listings.
I've heard of MediaMonkey before and I've just installed the free
standard version, thanks to Jim's suggestion. I have yet to come
to grips with this seemingly 'non-simple' app.
Do you have a safe link for this 5.8 download ?
Thanks,
-------------
https://winamp.en.softonic.com/download

If you go to www.winamp.com you get a "not secure" warning, whereas this
other site has a padlock icon even though there are a bunch of ads on
the site.
DianeE
2021-05-29 20:06:34 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
Years ago, when Winamp was popular, Winamp 222 had a playlist generator,
which generated a playlist in, I believe html. It was nice and clean,
and readable.
I've been trying do duplicate that feature via iTunes, but the only
options are to export it to .txt, .xml, or m3u none of which are clean
enough, because of a lot of the extraneous metadata on all the MP3s.
Having Windows 10, the only 2 programs I have to play MP3s on are
Windows Media Player, and iTunes. I looked at Media Player, but I have
songs on there that I don't want included in the playlist, but the only
option is to delete them from the computer , or the computer and
library, and I don't want to do either.
So, any advise/suggestions as how to generate a readable playlist, or
even an MP3 player program that will do that?
Thanks,
---------------
I still use Winamp, and it still lets you click on "Misc," and then
"Misc Opts," and then "Generate HTML Playlist." Why wouldn't you just
use Winamp? I know they stopped making it for a while but apparently
some other company took it over. I use it on both Windows 10 computers.
Jim Colegrove
Winamp 5.8 is here: https://www.winamp.com/
Steve Mc

2021-05-29 22:01:57 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
I don't have it any more, last having it on my Virtual Win 7 Pro.

But I'll be DL'ing it shortly.

2021-05-29 22:27:50 UTC
Post by Steve Mc
[...]
Perfect.

That's it. Working just like when we were young(er).

Thanks,