Retirement
2020-02-03 19:33:54 UTC
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family history. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outline. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love and discussion of fifties music.
Frank
SavoyBG
2020-02-03 19:59:59 UTC
That's a shame, but good luck. You will be missed.
Dennis C
2020-02-03 20:46:31 UTC
Damnn tight you will be missed Frank!!

'Tis no surprise that you will be undertaking a historical literary pursuit as you were nothing short of a scholar and gentleman these past twenty years!!

Proud to know ya, Frankie and best wishes on your prospects!!
DianeE
2020-02-03 22:10:32 UTC
Post by OleManRiver
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family history. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outline. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love and discussion of fifties music.
Frank
------------
I hope you'll let us know when it's done. I'm also glad to see (between
the lines) that you were reading the group all these years when you
weren't posting. I will miss you. All the best.
Diane
Jim Colegrove
2020-02-03 22:59:13 UTC
On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:33:54 -0800 (PST), OleManRiver
Post by OleManRiver
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family history. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outline. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love and discussion of fifties music.
Frank
Everyone will miss you. There's precious little of us left here.
Come back and yell at us once in a while, Frank.
Steve Mc
2020-02-04 06:00:59 UTC
Post by OleManRiver
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family history. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outline. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love and discussion of fifties music.
Frank
Everyone will miss you. There's precious little of us left here.
Come back and yell at us once in a while, Frank.
Yes, try not to leave completely. You'll probably need a diversion or
two anyway once in a while.

2020-02-04 06:47:09 UTC
On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:33:54 -0800 (PST), OleManRiver
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here =
for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this=
period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family hist=
ory. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outlin=
e. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love =
and discussion of fifties music.
Frank
OMG...Brexit!.....Megxit!.....and now FREXIT!!!

How much more can we stand?

Seriously I do hope you reconsider Frank and still drop by now and
again

2020-02-04 12:46:16 UTC
Post by OleManRiver
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming here for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During this period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family history. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outline. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your love and discussion of fifties music.
Frank,

I hope my withdrawal from the Obscurities contests didn't accelerate your departure. But I wish you lots of luck in your literary pursuit.

Thanks for leaving me as the oldest member of the group. :-)
For information only, if I leave, who would inherit the mantle?
Roger Ford
2020-02-04 13:20:50 UTC
I have been contemplating leaving the newsgroup for some time. Coming her=
e for more than twenty years has been an enjoyable daily routine. During th=
is period I have been researching my family history and my wife's family hi=
story. I have completed the research phase, family summaries, and book outl=
ine. Now, I must focus on the writing. I thank you all for sharing your lov=
e and discussion of fifties music.
Frank,=20
I hope my withdrawal from the Obscurities contests didn't accelerate your d=
eparture. But I wish you lots of luck in your literary pursuit.
Thanks for leaving me as the oldest member of the group. :-)
For information only, if I leave, who would inherit the mantle?
I make it Jim followed closely by Mark

And if those two leave (after a BIG time gap) it would be....GULP! :-(

2020-02-04 19:41:24 UTC
*-* On Tue, 04 Feb 2020, at 13:20:50 GMT,
*-* In Article <***@news.virginmedia.com>,
*-* Roger Ford wrote
*-* About Retirement
[ ... ]
Thanks for leaving me as the oldest member of the group. :-)
For information only, if I leave, who would inherit the mantle?
I make it Jim followed closely by Mark
Nope. I'm still here.
Post by Roger Ford
And if those two leave (after a BIG time gap) it would be....GULP! :-(
For anyone else who might be interested to see where they fall in
line:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.music.rock-pop-r+b.1950s/mpDXgylOukk/G-ZZ6OCa1tgJ>
(or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/gq59h2w>).

FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: ***@surfglobal.net.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)
SavoyBG
2020-02-04 19:57:41 UTC
Post by Ken Whiton
*-* On Tue, 04 Feb 2020, at 13:20:50 GMT,
*-* About Retirement
[ ... ]
Thanks for leaving me as the oldest member of the group. :-)
For information only, if I leave, who would inherit the mantle?
I make it Jim followed closely by Mark
Nope. I'm still here.
So is Bill, apparently. He's just tired of having to listen to all of these 1950s records that he hates!