Shame Shame Shame on this weak cover
2019-05-08 13:19:47 UTC

2019-05-08 14:51:06 UTC
http://youtu.be/i-0yv90RpGo
This Billy Williams cover is indeed pathetic but it was the first
record I ever had of the song

I'd heard Smiley's great original of "Shame Shame Shame" not long
before via an older r&r/r&b fan of my aquaintance (and then by TV
showings of "Baby Doll" the movie in which it features) but I did'nt
have the super rare UK London single of it.

I did however come across the Williams version on UK Coral in some
London junk shop for pennies and was not impressed at all.

It was into the 70's before I finally added Smiley's original 45 to my
collection thanks to my first visit with Val Shively.

2019-05-08 15:04:30 UTC
http://youtu.be/i-0yv90RpGo
I forgot to add :-

Have you ever come across "Shame Shame Shame" by Cougar Johnson on
Vik? It's from 1956 so same year as Smiley but is it the same song?

It's not on YT or any other site and can't locate label picture or any
other info on it.