narkive is for sale. Interested? (dismiss)
Obscure 1950s Era Recordings - March - Round 1 - Group 5
2020-03-14 14:27:14 UTC

2020-03-14 14:36:00 UTC

2020-03-14 14:38:29 UTC
2020-03-14 14:42:52 UTC

2020-03-14 15:36:33 UTC

2020-03-14 15:03:52 UTC
Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens
Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont
Do You Love Me - Edsels

2020-03-14 15:53:12 UTC
Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont
Slow Down - Jack Earls
Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens
Do You Love Me - Edsels

Weakest group in this round so far. The Edsel's falsetto guy sounds
off-key. The white guys are mediocre. Myles and Dupont just okay. Real
amateur hour.
I guess you prefer sophisticated pros like Mitch Miller and Frankie Laine.
Dennis C
2020-03-14 17:23:26 UTC
Mark Pendragon?
Mark Dintenfass
2020-03-14 18:30:16 UTC
Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont
Slow Down - Jack Earls
Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens
Do You Love Me - Edsels
Weakest group in this round so far. The Edsel's falsetto guy sounds
off-key. The white guys are mediocre. Myles and Dupont just okay. Real
amateur hour.
I guess you prefer sophisticated pros like Mitch Miller and Frankie Laine.
For our purposes here, I prefer sophisticated and talented pros like
Ernie K. Doe and Hot Lips Page. BTW, Mitch Miller's singalongs and
corny pop arrangements are the very opposite of what sophisticated
means. Please find some better rubber ducky to batter me with.
2020-03-14 16:21:31 UTC
1-Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont
2-Slow Down - Jack Earls
3-Do You Love Me - Edsels
4-Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens
Dennis C
2020-03-14 16:25:32 UTC
1- Edsels

2- Jack Earls

3- Vern Pullins

4- Myles & Dupont
Rick Schubert
2020-03-14 16:37:16 UTC
1. Do You Love Me - Edsels
2. Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont
3. Slow Down - Jack Earls
4. Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens

Already in order.
SavoyBG
2020-03-14 16:46:29 UTC

1. Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont - 28 (6-3)
2. Slow Down - Jack Earls - 28

3. Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens - 17 (5-4)
4. Do You Love Me - Edsels - 17

Diane's Myles & Dupont edges Steve's Sun record in a tie breaker, but both move on. Roger's Pullens edges Rick's Edsels in another tie breaker, but both are out.
DianeE
2020-03-14 18:31:47 UTC
1. Loud Mouth Annie - Myles & Dupont - 28 (6-3)
2. Slow Down - Jack Earls - 28
3. Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens - 17 (5-4)
4. Do You Love Me - Edsels - 17
Diane's Myles & Dupont edges Steve's Sun record in a tie breaker, but both move on. Roger's Pullens edges Rick's Edsels in another tie breaker, but both are out.
So at this point, Mark is out. Rick has one left (the excellent
Hepsters). Steve and Roger each have two left. You, Carl, and Jim each
have four left.
I still have all five alive, but so far only two of them have been voted
on in Round 1.