Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - Semi-Finals - Group 1
2019-04-16 13:56:35 UTC
Okay, we are in the semi-finals. We'll do one semi today and not start the next one until tomorrow, with the finals not starting until Thursday.

Please rank these from best to worst:

Slow Down - Lou Mac
Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
SavoyBG
2019-04-16 14:00:03 UTC

1. Slow Down - Lou Mac (with the Palms)
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
3. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
4. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
SavoyBG
2019-04-16 14:04:49 UTC
1. Slow Down - Lou Mac (with the Palms)
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
3. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
4. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
After playing these again I am flip flopping #2 and #3.

1. Slow Down - Lou Mac (with the Palms)
2. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
3. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
4. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
Steve Mc
2019-04-16 14:49:29 UTC
1. Slow Down - Lou Mac (with the Palms)

2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales

3. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

4. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires

2019-04-16 14:04:11 UTC
Can you give us the links, please

Bob Roman
2019-04-16 17:33:35 UTC
1. Royales
2. Mac
3. Millet
4. Woods

2019-04-16 15:53:55 UTC
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

4. Slow Down - Lou Mac
DianeE
2019-04-16 17:12:37 UTC
Tough choice.

1-Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
2-Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
3-Slow Down - Lou Mac
4-Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
Bill B
2019-04-16 17:47:20 UTC
Okay, we are in the semi-finals. We'll do one semi today and not start the next one until tomorrow, with the finals not starting until Thursday.
1 Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

4 Slow Down - Lou Mac
Mark Dintenfass
2019-04-16 17:59:54 UTC
Okay, we are in the semi-finals. We'll do one semi today and not start the
next one until tomorrow, with the finals not starting until Thursday.
Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
Slow Down - Lou Mac
Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires

I've been trying to understand what people see in "Man From Utopia,"
but the background voices are so annoying that I keep giving up.
2019-04-16 18:04:06 UTC
1- " Rich Woman"

2- "Right around the Corner"

3- " Man from Utopia"

4- "Slow Down"
Rick Schubert
2019-04-16 18:44:58 UTC
1. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires
2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
3. Slow Down - Lou Mac
4. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

Almost a toss-up between the first 2 and also between the last 2.
OleManRiver
2019-04-16 22:10:36 UTC
4. Slow Down - Lou Mac
SavoyBG
2019-04-16 23:47:44 UTC

1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 32
2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 31

3. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 24
4. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires - 23

So, Big Jim (Li'l Millet) and Little Diane (5 Royales) each have a record in the FINAL FOUR. It was a nice ride and a strong tournament for the upstart Vel-Aires record, and for Lou mac, but they are done.

The other semi-final will be posted tomorrow morning.
Eric Ramon
2019-04-17 07:21:39 UTC
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 32
2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 31
3. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 24
4. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires - 23
So, Big Jim (Li'l Millet) and Little Diane (5 Royales) each have a record in the FINAL FOUR. It was a nice ride and a strong tournament for the upstart Vel-Aires record, and for Lou mac, but they are done.
The other semi-final will be posted tomorrow morning.
I'm finding this interesting. I'm not the conneus..connisseur..the expert many of you are so what I'm doing is staying on the sidelines and watching. FWIW, though, if I had been voting (which I'm not and won't be) I would have had the top 2 as my top 2, reversed, and 3 and 4 as it turned out.

Looking forward to the next group.