Hunki Dori
2020-01-22 18:53:59 UTC
Anyone have a date on "Why Don't You Use Your Head" by Hunki Dori.
Discogs was no help. (And I lay claim to it for some future contest if
it's eligible.)
2020-01-22 19:11:36 UTC
Anyone have a date on "Why Don't You Use Your Head" by Hunki Dori.
Discogs was no help. (And I lay claim to it for some future contest if
it's eligible.)
1958 per this you tube link:

Roger Ford
2020-01-22 19:18:17 UTC
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 12:53:59 -0600, Mark Dintenfass
Post by Mark Dintenfass
Anyone have a date on "Why Don't You Use Your Head" by Hunki Dori.
Discogs was no help. (And I lay claim to it for some future contest if
it's eligible.)
This unreleased Sun track was recorded in 1958

I think it first saw release on the Charly LP below
Post by Mark Dintenfass
R 30148 - Sun Sounds Special: "Shoobie Oobie" - Various Artists [1978] Shim Sham Shimmy - Billy Emerson
/Little Fine Healthy Thing - Billy Emerson/Something For Nothing - Billy Emerson/When It Rains It Pours - Billy
Emerson/Move Baby Move - Billy Emerson/The Chicken - Rosco Gordon/Cheese And Crackers - Rosco Gordon
/Shoobie Oobie - Rosco Gordon/Gonna Have To Let You Be - Five Tinos/That Chick's Too Young to Fry -
Prisonaires/Surleen -Prisonaires/Frank Clement - Prisonaires/Rocking Horse - Prisonaires/Baby Doll - Four Dukes
/Why Don't You Use Your Head - Hunki Dori/I Want My Baby Back- Hunki Dori
Doesn;t show being in the "Unreleased Battle" or any other

2020-01-23 01:07:59 UTC
Post by Mark Dintenfass
R 30148 - Sun Sounds Special: "Shoobie Oobie" - Various Artists [1978] Shim
Sham Shimmy - Billy Emerson
/Little Fine Healthy Thing - Billy Emerson/Something For Nothing - Billy
Emerson/When It Rains It Pours - Billy
Emerson/Move Baby Move - Billy Emerson/The Chicken - Rosco Gordon/Cheese And
Crackers - Rosco Gordon
/Shoobie Oobie - Rosco Gordon/Gonna Have To Let You Be - Five Tinos/That
Chick's Too Young to Fry -
Prisonaires/Surleen -Prisonaires/Frank Clement - Prisonaires/Rocking Horse -
Prisonaires/Baby Doll - Four Dukes
/Why Don't You Use Your Head - Hunki Dori/I Want My Baby Back- Hunki Dori
Doesn;t show being in the "Unreleased Battle" or any other
Thanks to you and Bill for the info.
2020-01-23 13:31:36 UTC
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:07:59 -0600, Mark Dintenfass
Post by Mark Dintenfass
R 30148 - Sun Sounds Special: "Shoobie Oobie" - Various Artists [1978] Shim
Sham Shimmy - Billy Emerson
/Little Fine Healthy Thing - Billy Emerson/Something For Nothing - Billy
Emerson/When It Rains It Pours - Billy
Emerson/Move Baby Move - Billy Emerson/The Chicken - Rosco Gordon/Cheese And
Crackers - Rosco Gordon
/Shoobie Oobie - Rosco Gordon/Gonna Have To Let You Be - Five Tinos/That
Chick's Too Young to Fry -
Prisonaires/Surleen -Prisonaires/Frank Clement - Prisonaires/Rocking Horse -
Prisonaires/Baby Doll - Four Dukes
/Why Don't You Use Your Head - Hunki Dori/I Want My Baby Back- Hunki Dori
Doesn;t show being in the "Unreleased Battle" or any other
Thanks to you and Bill for the info.
In an otherwise all black artist/musicians session that produced this
number the Sun personnel files list Sid Manker---the white "Raunchy"
guitarist (and co-writer of that hit)---as playing lead on the date