Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - Semi-Finals - Group 2
2019-04-17 13:07:56 UTC

Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys

When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee

Always Be Faithful - Monarchs

I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs

SavoyBG
2019-04-17 13:20:22 UTC

1 - When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee
2 - Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys
3 - I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs
4 - Always Be Faithful - Monarchs

This was the far better group for me than the first semi. I think the overall winner is gonna come from this group of 4. Please note that Brucie is ranking one of his own records last. It's really good, but the Johnny Jones edges it slightly.....at least today.
SavoyBG
2019-04-17 15:08:36 UTC
I may have to change that prediction given that the 5 Keys is leading so far and the Li'l Millet already beat the 5 Keys easily in the second round, 36-29.
Bill B
2019-04-17 13:21:00 UTC
1 Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/gHx3TSrUdE4
2 Always Be Faithful - Monarchs
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/IPwRToQTQPE
3 I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/bxaHHNFlV8Y
4 When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee
http://youtu.be/bmHit4fsjsk
Roger Ford

2019-04-17 14:37:55 UTC
1- I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs
2- When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee
3- Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys
4- Always Be Faithful - Monarchs
Steve Mc

2019-04-17 18:28:04 UTC
We still need Frank's ballot to finish up, but we already know that Johnny Jones and the 5 Keys will advance to the FINAL FOUR, and Brownie and the Monarchs are done. This will be very unfamiliar territory for Brucie, with none of his records in the finals for the first time. Steve did not even make the semis this time. We will have one each from Diane, Jim, Roger and Rick in the finals. Can Roger finally get over the second place hump and win one, or will a first timer in the finals go all the way.

Tomorrow morning the finals will be up with these 4 items:

Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
Bob Roman
2019-04-17 19:10:24 UTC
I'm traveling tomorrow and will be out of touch, so -- just so I'm not the drag -- these will be my votes once the polls open:

1. Royales
2. Johnny
3. Millet
4. Keys

2019-04-17 19:53:19 UTC
We'll miss you, Bob!!

Enjoy your mule ride!!
Jim Colegrove
2019-04-17 14:49:26 UTC
1. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys

2. I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs

3. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee

4. Always Be Faithful - Monarchs
Rick Schubert
2019-04-17 14:56:46 UTC
Bob Roman
2019-04-17 15:06:19 UTC
1. Johnny
2. Brownie
3. Monarchs
4. Keys

Btw, we need Breihan to argue that the Keys are aggressively disempowering Ruth Brown by refuting and dismissing her version of the events.

Is Briehan a "Me Too" guy?
Mark Dintenfass
2019-04-17 15:52:27 UTC
1- Monarchs

2- 5 Keys

3- Brownie Knoxville

4- Little Johnnie ( who I hope paid Big Boy Arthur for the rights)
OleManRiver
2019-04-17 20:30:15 UTC
4. I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs
SavoyBG
2019-04-17 23:28:45 UTC

1 - Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 31
2 - I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs - 30

3- When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee - 25
4- Always Be Faithful - Monarchs - 24