Love In Your Life - Tornados
2018-12-16 17:52:47 UTC
A sensational bluesy ballad from 1959.
Roger Ford
2018-12-16 20:04:13 UTC
A sensational bluesy ballad from 1959.
I have this. Stanley Mitchell on lead with Charles Sutton
ex-Midnighter also in the group. I really like the uptempo "Geni In
The Jug" (sic) iflip. On the Robert West label Bumble Bee that I
believe he operated out of his home address in Detroit

2018-12-17 02:34:57 UTC
A sensational bluesy ballad from 1959.
I have this. Stanley Mitchell on lead with Charles Sutton
ex-Midnighter also in the group. I really like the uptempo "Geni In
The Jug" (sic) iflip. On the Robert West label Bumble Bee that I
believe he operated out of his home address in Detroit
------------
Yes, according to Disco-File this was the same exact quartet that had a
release on Chess 3 years earlier as Stanley Mitchell & The Tornados
"Four O'Clock In The Morning."
DianeE
2018-12-17 02:40:02 UTC
A sensational bluesy ballad from 1959.
I have this. Stanley Mitchell on lead with Charles Sutton
ex-Midnighter also in the group. I really like the uptempo "Geni In
The Jug" (sic)  iflip. On the Robert West label Bumble Bee that I
believe he operated out of his home address in Detroit
------------
Yes, according to Disco-File this was the same exact quartet that had a
release on Chess 3 years earlier as Stanley Mitchell & The Tornados
"Four O'Clock In The Morning."
Whoops, left out the link:

Roger Ford
2018-12-17 08:48:41 UTC
A sensational bluesy ballad from 1959.
I have this. Stanley Mitchell on lead with Charles Sutton
ex-Midnighter also in the group. I really like the uptempo "Geni In
The Jug" (sic)  iflip. On the Robert West label Bumble Bee that I
believe he operated out of his home address in Detroit
------------
Yes, according to Disco-File this was the same exact quartet that had a
release on Chess 3 years earlier as Stanley Mitchell & The Tornados
"Four O'Clock In The Morning."
http://youtu.be/GbDLht9Skk8
Here's both sides of the Bumble Bee single

"Love In Your Life"/"Geni In The Jug"

2018-12-18 02:09:38 UTC
Yes, according to Disco-File this was the same exact quartet that had a
release on Chess 3 years earlier as Stanley Mitchell & The Tornados
"Four O'Clock In The Morning."
For me, this is far better than the other two later sides.

In general, except when he drops to a lower register, I find Stanley Mitchell's
vocals to be too 'piercing' (based on the 4 sides on YT). This *might* be due
to poor engineering at one or more stages in the chain of sound
recording/transfer (studio, original media manufacture, copying to a digital
sound file, YouTube's audio fidelity, my computer's amplifier, home
headphones/speakers, my auditory system - dunno! :-)