#1 HITS (GRADED) - 1951
2018-11-27 16:53:31 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....

1951

If Perry Como 3
Be My Love Mario Lanza 0
How High The Moon Les Paul & Mary Ford 8
Too Young Nat "King" Cole 7
Come On-A My House Rosemary Clooney 5
Because Of You Tony Bennett 5
Cold Cold Heart Tony Bennett 4
(It's No) Sin Eddy Howard 1
Cry Johnnie Ray 7

(based on Billboard best sellers chart)

2018-11-27 17:50:31 UTC
Since all the #1 records in the 1959 and 1960 series of posts
elsewhere have recieved my grading treatment I figured I'd extend it
to the earlier years not covered. So here goes with.....
1951
If Perry Como 3 (2)
Be My Love Mario Lanza 0 (1)
How High The Moon Les Paul & Mary Ford 8 (7)
Too Young Nat "King" Cole 7 (7)
Come On-A My House Rosemary Clooney 5 (6)
Because Of You Tony Bennett 5 (2)
Cold Cold Heart Tony Bennett 4 (3)
(It's No) Sin Eddy Howard 1 (3)
Cry Johnnie Ray 7 (5)
Mark Dintenfass
2018-11-27 20:06:51 UTC
Cry Johnnie Ray 7
Nowadays, it's unlistenable because of bad associations. :)