Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - July - Round 1 - Group 3
2019-07-11 12:55:25 UTC

The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers

Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald

Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain

Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)

Girlie That I Love - Cellos

SavoyBG
2019-07-11 13:01:05 UTC

1. Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)
2. The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers
3. Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain
4. Girlie That I Love - Cellos
5. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald
Bill B
2019-07-11 13:12:00 UTC
1 The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/7bXkM6XfPy4
2 Girlie That I Love - Cellos
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/5vktACILeE4
3 Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/VwO2ApvvKAg
4 Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald
Post by SavoyBG
http://youtu.be/yFiWpoXQZeE
5 Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)
http://youtu.be/vpTd4gOn1rM
Jim Colegrove
2019-07-11 13:11:25 UTC
1. Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain

2. The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers

3. Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)

Steve Mc
2019-07-11 13:58:10 UTC
1. Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain

2. The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers

3. Girlie That I Love - Cellos

4. Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)

5. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald

2019-07-11 14:15:24 UTC
Still need ballots from Frank and Rick, but Ella and the Cellos are toast already.
Roger Ford

2019-07-11 13:15:55 UTC
* Say lawd, this was a painstakingly tough ranking!!

1- Lil Greenwood
2- Jerry McCain
3- Jive Bombers
4- Ella
5- Cellos
Carl
2019-07-11 13:53:14 UTC
Four superb songs and one not so much.

Ella
Lil Greenwood
Jerry McCain
Jive Bombers
Cellos
DianeE
2019-07-11 13:55:38 UTC
1-Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)
2-Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain

<gap>

3-The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers

<huge gap>

OleManRiver
Rick Schubert
2019-07-11 19:10:19 UTC
1. Girlie That I Love - Cellos
2. Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters)
3. The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers
4. Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain
5. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald
SavoyBG
2019-07-11 19:33:54 UTC

1. Mercy Me - Lil Greenwood (Lamplighters) - 38
2. Stay Out of Automobiles - Jerry Boogie McCain - 37
3. The Blues Don't Mean A Thing - Jive Bombers - 34

4. Girlie That I Love - Cellos - 23
5. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye - Ella Fitzgerald - 18

The results were clear cut here as the top 3 items advanced with way more points than the bottom 2 items that are out.
Dennis C
2019-07-11 22:00:03 UTC
You know, that Rowan cat sure knows how to rate those winners, baby!!!