Obscure 1950s Recordings Tournament - April - FINAL FOUR PREVIEW
2019-04-18 00:59:36 UTC
These 4 records will be in our FINAL FOUR tomorrow morning.

Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales
Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys
I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs

Both semi-finals had first and second place just one point apart, so with the new matchups I'd say any of these 4 could win this thing. The 4 records were nominated by Jim, Diane, Rick and Roger. One of them will have their first winner.

Here's how they got here.

Rich Woman - Li'l Millet

PRELIMS
1. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 37
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 34
3. Hey Girl Hey Boy - Oscar McLollie & Jeanette Davis - 30
4. In Spite of All The Danger - The Quarrymen - 19

ROUND 1
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 36
2. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 29
3. Bad Boy - Eddie Taylor - 28
4. Two Headed Woman - Junior Wells - 27

ROUND 2
1. When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee - 29
2. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 29
3. Come Back My Love - Solitaires - 29
4. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page - 23

SEMI-FINALS
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 32
2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 31
3. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 24
4. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires - 23

I guess people got tired of "Slow Down" as the contest wore on.

Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales

PRELIMS
1. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 37
2. Down Home Special - Bo Diddley - 34
3. Never Knew - Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - 25
4. Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train - Mabel Scott - 24

ROUND 1
1. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 33
2. Come Back My Love - Solitaires - 30
3. The Dummy - Art Neville - 25
4. I Got A Hole In My Pocket - Little Jimmy Dickens - 22

ROUND 2
1-Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 38
2-Always Be Faithful - Monarchs - 34
3-Bring My Baby Back - Bill "Bass" Gordon & Colonials - 20
4-You Move Me, Baby! - Otis Blackwell - 18

SEMI-FINALS
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 32
2. Right Around The Corner - The '5' Royales - 31
3. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 24
4. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires - 23

Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys

PRELIMS
1. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 38
2. The Dummy - Art Neville - 33
3. All My Love Belongs To You - Hearts - 25
4. Starlight Starbright - Luther Bond & His Emeralds - 24

ROUND 1
1. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet - 36
2. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 29
3. Bad Boy - Eddie Taylor - 28
4. Two Headed Woman - Junior Wells - 27

ROUND 2
1. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 34
2. Man From Utopia - Donald Woods and The Vel-Aires - 30
3. Movin' Out Boogie - Lightnin' Hopkins - 25
4. One Eyed Jack - Bobby Charles - 21

SEMI-FINALS
1 - Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - Five Keys - 31
2 - I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs - 30
3 - When It's Love Time - Brownie McGhee - 25
4 - Always Be Faithful - Monarchs - 24

I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs

PRELIMS
1. I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs - 41
2. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page - 32
3. Down At Haydens - Hunters (Young Jessie)- 28
4. I'm So Glad - Mickey & Sylvia - 19

ROUND 1
1-I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs - 39
2-One Eyed Jack - Bobby Charles - 29
3-Hey Girl Hey Boy - Oscar McLollie & Jeanette Davis - 27
4-Lover Boy - Cleftones - 25

ROUND 2
1. I May Be Wrong - Little Johnny Jones & Chicago Hound Dogs - 36
2. Slow Down - Lou Mac - 28
3. Real Lovin' Mama - Floyd Dixon & Mari Jones - 24
4. Down Home Special - Bo Diddley - 22

Dennis C
2019-04-18 12:56:14 UTC
I'm awaiting the Muller report at 9:00 this morning and hoping to find evidence supporting Geof's concerns:

Gross Grossbergian obstruction of obscurities justice, baby!!