BTW
2018-12-05 01:55:43 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City. We're going to the museum of African American History tomorrow.
Dean F.
2018-12-05 03:38:57 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City.
Did you go there on the Hershey Highway?
Roger Ford
2018-12-05 08:31:25 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City. We're going to the museum of African American History tomorrow.
Chocolate City = Washington DC right?

2018-12-05 12:55:26 UTC
Of course.
Roger Ford
2018-12-05 15:25:20 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City. We're going to the museum of African American History tomorrow.
Chocolate City = Washington DC right?
Of course.
In all my trips to USA I never visited the capital

2018-12-05 15:34:07 UTC
You could have worked for DC Cab, Roger which was a seriously underrated movie, baby!!!
xpenenyx
2018-12-07 14:20:41 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City. We're going to the museum of African American History tomorrow.
Bruce, are you sure that is the correct name of the museum?
2018-12-07 14:36:25 UTC
https://nmaahc.si.edu/
SavoyBG
2018-12-07 14:44:09 UTC
We got back last night. We spent over 5 hours in the museum and only saw a little more than half of it. The doo wop section was very tiny and only mentioned the Drifters and the Platters. When you walk in the music exhibit the first thing you see it Chuck's red El Dorado on display. They also had the stage prop of the Mothership that Parliament/Funkadelic used back then.

The place is located across the street from the Washington Monument.

The exhibits about the slave trade and those days is tough to go through. They talked about how when someone was up for sale on the block prospective buyers would examine them like a horse. Checking their teeth, pulling back their eyelids to examine their eyes, etc....
SavoyBG
2018-12-07 14:51:05 UTC
I never bought into this thing with worshiping the "founding fathers" and seeing that Thomas Jefferson owned 609 slaves only reinforced my thinking. This thing about "all men being created equal" is total hypocrisy.
Bill B
2018-12-07 15:07:28 UTC
That's not hypocrisy, but ignorance. Blacks were considered property, not human beings.
Dennis C
2018-12-07 17:09:34 UTC
Sorry if Thomas Schwartz and George Washenstien couldn't find this country!!

You wouldn't be able to buy into them either!! They charge interest, baby!!
SavoyBG
2018-12-07 17:23:05 UTC
I never bought into this thing with worshiping the "founding fathers" and seeing that Thomas Jefferson owned 609 slaves only reinforced my thinking. This thing about "all men being created equal" is total hypocrisy.
That's not hypocrisy, but ignorance. Blacks were considered property, not human beings.
Even worse.

There were always free blacks, but those fuckheads did not consider them to be equals.
Dennis C
2018-12-07 18:46:45 UTC
Grossberg is like Sessue Hayakawa who always played the Jap general in all those WWII films of the 50's and 60's.

Whenever there's needed a convulsive dramaturgy over the plight of the blacks and a strident repudiation of America's founders, here comes Grossberg playing the lead hand wringer, baby!!!

Shiva shit show has been on reruns for a while people!! Let's get something fresh in here!
SavoyBG
2018-12-07 18:41:56 UTC
I think it's both. On some level everybody knew that Africans were human beings. In fact, at the museum they make a point of saying that in the early days of slavery it had nothing to do with race. Wherever they could get human beings to grab as slaves, they did.
xpenenyx
2018-12-06 20:25:53 UTC
Diane and I are in Chocolate City. We're going to the museum of African American History tomorrow.
Which one?

The term Chocolate City proves one should never underestimate Black's
saying and doing stupid things. That fact is the Chocolate people
don't want to live in a Chocolate City. Try reading the book Black
Picket Fences.
Ray Naughin (sp) the New Orleans' mayor said after Katrina that they
were going to rebuild the Chocolate Mayor. The same mayor that new
Katrina was coming yet left busses parked that could' ve got people
out and saved lives.

Detroit is a prime example of a great Chocolate City.

When I was born in Detroit it was one our great cities, fourth largest
with a population of 1.8+ million. By 1966 the city already had a
riot that was quelled but wasn't so lucky in 1967 when the city really
started emptying out.

By the early 70s it was a Milk Chocolate. In 1974 combination of
chocolate people and liberals elected its first chocolate mayor. By
the early 80s it was dark chocolate, crime ridden, drug infested with
an 80% out of wedlock birth rate. For the next 30 years all the mayors
being chocolate and a population now of under 700,000.

One of the last was Kwame Kilpatrick who is now serving the balance
of a 28 year prison sentence. Right until the bitter end the Detroit
Black Pastors Association supported him. After being forced to resign
and getting convicted Kilpatrick was convicted Kilpatrick said "I've
just been set up for the greasiest comeback." Yes Kidnapping would
have been elected again because the Black voters would mindless obey
their pastors.

Today Detroit is worse than Germany after the war. Streets that were
filled with houses just 20 years ago now have none. That's not just in
the "hood" but on main streets too.

In Detroit the mayor is elected on a non-partisan basis, but for
closed to 60 years they've all been Democrats.

17 years ago I moved from a Vanilla City of Birmingham, one of the
wealthiest cities in the USA to at that time a Milk Chocolate
Southfield a mile away.

My car insurance rate double. Shortly after while driving down a main
street I say a woman walking down a main street eating from a box of
chicken. As she finished throwing bones here and there.

Southfield is now a full fledged Chocolate. Both corner banks have
been robbed, night manager at BBQ joint murdered after work, a drug
deal gone bad in condo complex, it was hushed, saw a guy get murdered.
KIds that should have been in school shooting craps in the parking
before they assaulted me. A shooting at TGI Fridays and places like
that go on a regular basis. Lots of other violence goes on two.

I turn the local news and its the same thing everyday, shootings and
robberies. Not just in the "hood,", butting in happening places like
Midtown and Cork town.

The who cared for my mother to multiply that by five or six to get a
truer picture.

The fact is that if Blacks had any sense they's shut up about
Chocolate Cities which are truly to quoted Donald Trump "Shitholes."

Is Chicago a Chocolate City? If not it should receive honorary status.
DianeE
2018-12-07 21:44:23 UTC
Post by xpenenyx
Post by SavoyBG
[...]
--------------
Have you ever actually, you know, *been* to Chicago?

As for D.C., I think it was George Clinton who named it "Chocolate
City." At least, that's the name of a P-Funk song from the early 70s,
and that's the first time I ever heard the term.

Nothing like a good incoherent racist rant to welcome me back home. We
drove over 200 miles each way just to see the museum and it was well
worth it. If you're not interested, don't go.

Me, the older I get, the more I care about history.
t***@iwvisp.com
2018-12-07 23:11:46 UTC
45% white
32% black
23-% Other - Lots of different others.
Known as a melting pot.

I know from having lived in Amsterdam, NY (#2) that Chicago had the largest Polish population outside of Poland.

BTW, I was born and raised just outside Phila. which was described as an Oreo cookie: black on the outside & white on the inside, geographically.

Ray
Dennis C
2018-12-07 23:54:12 UTC
They tried to make Native American slaves but they were too listless and mule headed to stoop to that back breaking labor!
Dennis C
2018-12-07 23:59:41 UTC
Doug Penenny is a poor soul who is keenly aware of social hierarchy and his smug and self impprtant place in it, baby!!!
DianeE
2018-12-08 05:44:32 UTC
Doug Penenny is a poor soul who is keenly aware of social hierarchy and his smug and self impprtant place in it, baby!!!
----------
He is also ignorant enough of history that he doesn't realize he isn't
"White." Sure, we look in the mirror and see a white person looking
back at us, but to the white supremacists we (Jews--as an ethnic group,
regardless of religious practice) are non-white "mud people." In Nazi
Germany Jews thought they could protect themselves by marrying non-Jews,
changing their names, converting to Christianity. It didn't work. If
you look back even further, it didn't work in the Spanish Inquisition
either. Jews who think they can ally themselves with white supremacists
are either really ignorant or really delusional.

"But I'm not a Jew. Judaism is a religion, and I'm an atheist." I
repeat: Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. Two of
the most famous Jews of the 19th century were raised as Christians from
early childhood. Benjamin Disraeli and Karl Marx never learned or
practiced any religion but Christianity. Nevertheless they were
referred to (usually pejoratively) as Jews all their lives, and to this
very day most people who have heard of them have no idea they were
Christians.
SavoyBG
Not to mention that supposedly we are just about all descended from one woman from Africa eons ago.
DianeE
2018-12-09 13:37:42 UTC
Doug Penenny is a poor soul who is keenly aware of social hierarchy and his smug and self impprtant place in it, baby!!!
He is also ignorant enough of history that he doesn't realize he isn't
"White."
Not to mention that supposedly we are just about all descended from one woman from Africa eons ago.
And according to Doug she was a dope-dealing hooker.